Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:33 PM
abn abn started this thread

27 posts, read 130,359 times

Advertisements

Hello, My family and I will be moving to Boise in a couple of months. I grew up not far from Boise but have been gone for 20 years (since college). I have lived different places but always absolutely loved Northern CA. We live in Folsom now but due to family reasons (no family here - all in Idaho/Oregon), cost of living, etc...have decided to go to the Boise area. I am hopeful that there truly are a lot of normal Californians in the area. I enjoyed the people/lifestyle/attitudes of the people I met in northern CA and hope there are families like this in Boise. I'm just looking for families that care about quality of living, care about the environment but are not radical, are open to different religious preferences, care about their kids school/education and their family health. I have a rural background which I am proud of but I love cities too. I like people with different backgrounds/life experiences.

Can anyone share comments with regard to their experience establishing themselves in Boise and whetter they really did find transplants or natives with this type of outlook?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 08:52 PM

51 posts, read 225,905 times
Based on the things you're looking for, if you have children from K to 8th grade, I would suggest Garden City Community School. It's on Chinden in Garden City. It's a charter school and it has an emphasis on the environment. The students have diverse backgrounds and the parents are very involved in the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: