U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 05:51 PM

30 posts, read 73,747 times

Advertisements

Hi all.
My family and I have been considering moving to Boise for a couple of years now. We've done tons of research and everything looked GREAT on paper so we visited for a few weeks in the summer and absolutely fell in love with it.

We're planning a winter trip (end of January) and if that goes as well we're going to start the wheels turning for our relocation.

Because of this I've been starting to look a little closer at the schools.
When we were out there we pretty much decided that we're going to want to move to the Eagle area and in that area I've found the following schools that were of interest:
Eagle Motessori
Eagle Elementary School of the Arts
New Horizon Academy.

I'm looking for opinions on any of those (or others that aren't listed) but especially on the New Horizon Academy because I can't find anything online about it.
I found their website, but I put a LOT of stock into parent opinions and haven't been able to find any on that school.

I found several others in the area, but most got bad reviews so I don't have them listed here, but all constructive opinions are welcome!
I'm just looking at elementary schools now.

Thanks so much for any info.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 10:35 AM

68 posts, read 162,873 times
We're not there yet so no first hand experience!

We too are considering Eagle Elementary forthe Arts - I'd like more info on the gifted program & unfortunately I can't find a thing! I know they have it & understand it...but how is it executed, how well do the kids acclimate?

Anyway - have you checked Greatschools.net? They have parental reviews on there. Let me know if you find anything worthwhile!!

Old 11-22-2010, 11:09 AM

30 posts, read 73,747 times
Yeah, I have checked out Greatschools, that's how I narrowed it down to these, but that site has nothing about New Horizon, I just can't find any unbiased info on that.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 PM

11 posts, read 29,949 times
Default Welcome to Idaho

My son goes to Eagle Elementary. It is a public charter/magnet school. You have to put in for a lottery to get in. However, if there is space in the grade your kids will be in and you have just moved you may be able to get them in there. Eagle Elementary is part of the Meridian Joint School District #2 their website is meridianschools.org
The school district has several charter schools all of which specialize in different areas. Eagle Elementary specializes in the arts. I really don't know much about the other schools, but if you have any questions in general please feel free to send me a message. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Where are you moving from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area