Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times

Advertisements

When I was stuck in Portland, and then Seattle I had to watch Seahawks games as they would show them over the NFL games of the week (very painful). In AZ it was nearly as bad as I had to watch those aweful AZ Cards...is there a predominate team they show every week here.. I would think it would be Either the nasty seahawks, or the the Denver Broncos. Hopefully Im not in an area that HAS to show the same NFL team weak in and week out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 08:59 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,734 times
Sorry, you better get used to the Donks and Hawks if you're going to live in Boise. It's not week in and week out like Seattle, Portland, or Denver, but they definitely get more air time.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:49 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Sorry, you better get used to the Donks and Hawks if you're going to live in Boise. It's not week in and week out like Seattle, Portland, or Denver, but they definitely get more air time.
well I like the Denver Broncos...but the Hawks Hey another question, will I get to watch my Duck games, being so close to Oregon? I am very excited about watching other other Broncos too!!!!

Old 10-08-2010, 03:40 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
well I like the Denver Broncos...but the Hawks Hey another question, will I get to watch my Duck games, being so close to Oregon? I am very excited about watching other other Broncos too!!!!
We get a fair amount of Ducks games, but that might have more to do with their success than the local fanbase.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:38 PM

229 posts, read 707,074 times
Yeah, if they weren't a good team they wouldn't be getting much coverage on ABC or Fox Sports. And if you're also asking about the Oregon Sports Network, then it's inaccessible here.

There does seem to be a bias towards showing Denver games than showing games that are better competitive matchups. I believe that since we're in a geographical no-man's-land, we shouldn't really be linked to any one particular NFL team. But with Denver and Seattle being two of the closer markets (yet still quite far from either one), these are our defacto teams. If Seattle were a better team, we would probably get them a lot more than we have been. Unfortunately our local affiliate has tended to show Denver games even when they're out of the playoff hunt. I haven't been here long enough to know if they would focus on Oakland if Oakland was good.

It's funny because certain places in Oregon will buck the trend. Like some markets will show Cincinnati games sometimes presumably because of the Chad Johnson connection. This site breaks down the games that each market is getting: the506.com - Home

Old 10-09-2010, 05:21 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
Boise is the Northwest region of Fox Sports. So we get shows like Ducks all-access and Beavers all-access. Also a lot of shows about U-Dub and Wazzu. Also Seahawks all-access as well as for the mariners.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:21 PM

805 posts, read 2,001,233 times
Dont forget the SOUNDERS!!!! oh and go ducks!

Old 10-09-2010, 11:28 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,026,786 times
I personally haven't noticed a real bias towards showing the Seahawks. Denver does get a little more airtime, I think. I haven't really kept track. One of the nice things about not having an NFL home team (and I liked this with I lived in the LA market, too) is that we are not guaranteed to have to watch a losing home team every week.

I do wish a Boise TV station would show the Sounders games that are not on FSNW. I would suggest channel 9 pick them up but soccer is so much better in HD. But channel 9 would be better than nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area