Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 11:00 PM

4 posts, read 3,832 times

Advertisements

I read that this is going to happen.. I was wondering what water supply they will use ..and what kind of a cooling system they will build ,like a cooling tower some 500 feet tall or vent fans ?

How many megawatte plant will it be and will the power get shipped out of state or used locally..

Any one know of more info on this ?

Sorry ,just found the info on another posting that I over looked earlier .. I did the search but didnt find anything on New Plymouth nuclear as I was told it would be..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 02:03 AM

100 posts, read 232,480 times
You can go to payettecounty.org - the commisioners' minutes and P and Z decisions are available online. AEHI is on the web and FB, and there are mentions in the local paper (argusobsever.com). The Snake River Alliance has info, and there is a blog called aehitruth. The NRC website also has a wealth of general nuclear information (types of reactors, applications, status, reports, practice tests for operators, etc.. A Google search will yield info about tritium and health concerns and debate in general.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 AM

139 posts, read 383,197 times
EHI (Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc.) is the driving force behind the zoning change in Payette County, but fear not as this is basically an orchestrated attempt to defraud investors. It will take at least 10 Billion to build this nuke plant with the cost of transmission lines estimated at 3 million a mile for a final destination to Southern California. In addition, it takes 60 million gallons of water a day to cool the reactor(s) and the current proposed site does not have the cooling capacity. Finally, Warren Buffet's company, Mid-America Power, considered building a plant in S/W Idaho a while back ago but deemed the region economically unfeasible primarily due to the reasons I just mentioned. AEHI is under heavy scrutiny from the SEC for many reasons and they're not done with president Don Gillispie yet. For more inside information check out AEHI Truth and don't fear the nuke plant as it will not become a reality for a long, long time.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:43 AM

674 posts, read 1,452,493 times
Yeah the nuke plant is pretty much dead.

TeamGray - is this the same company that first proposed a plant near Hammett, then moved back to New Plymouth, or are those different companies?

Old 07-07-2011, 12:55 PM

139 posts, read 383,197 times
The very same. AEHI initially proposed the plant in Owyhee County and it wasn't approved, then Gillispie tried Hammett and Elmore County threw him out of there. Then he ended up in Payette County. Unfortunately, the promise of jobs blinds normally intelligent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area