Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:48 AM

805 posts, read 2,001,481 times

Advertisements

Best burger i've ever had was at the Chuck Box off of Mill Ave by ASU...holy crap they are good!

there's def things I miss about Phoenix (home). Culture, diversity, large population, close to visiting southern california, warm winters

I don't miss the crime, the traffic, and the sprawl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 03:17 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
Best burger i've ever had was at the Chuck Box off of Mill Ave by ASU...holy crap they are good!

there's def things I miss about Phoenix (home). Culture, diversity, large population, close to visiting southern california, warm winters

I don't miss the crime, the traffic, and the sprawl.
I would never eat anywhere called the "Chuck Box"

Old 03-18-2011, 10:03 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Default Nampa Auto Parts in Eagle: Thanks

Just blows my mind that its still snowing here in Boise, although, as long as it doesnt create road hazards, I think its beautiful. Ive been bashing this area since I started this post, now Id like to give it some credit. I had a small car repair emergency, I had no money. I pulled into Nampa Auto parts in Eagle. Not only did the nice men there offer there hand at replacing my leaky hose, but they told me I could go to the bank AFTER they were done to get the money to pay for it...and trusted me. In AZ, this transaction would not have happened, but here in Idaho, where I have met only the nicest people in the nation, it does happen. I was going to leave my DL with the man, and he told me not to worry about it. I rushed to the bank with a fully repaired car and withdrew 7 bucks and brought it back as fast as I could. I don't know if its just the awesome peeps at Nampa Auto Parts, or the wonderful folks of this state, but I am sure lucky to have both.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:15 PM

863 posts, read 2,993,382 times
It was probably Napa Auto Parts, regardless welcome to Idaho!

Old 03-21-2011, 04:58 AM

12 posts, read 19,231 times
Foreverking: Have you decided to stay in Idaho?

4 weeks until we move to Gilbert. We have been talking to a lot of nice people there in Gilbert re. all the details necessary to make the move. We are still excited. We have been surprised by the amount of people here in VA who say they would love to move to AZ.

Our kids were raised in Idaho for the most part and they would rather go to AZ than back to ID. Not enough to do, limited jobs and colleges and we are definitely not winter people. We love the outdoors but there are a lot of outdoor things to do in AZ. also. My family in Idaho who have lived there over 25 years are ready to move some place warmer after this winter. They say the depression has really gotten to them this year. I'm sure everyone who lives in cold country is feeling the same way.

Not worried about the traffic, etc. that people are complaining about. VA is right up there with traffic and bad drivers.

I know, I know. We'll be complaining about severly hot temps in a few months while those in Idaho are enjoying their 70-90 degrees. That's just the way it goes. Right now, we are looking forward to palm trees, arid climate, a pool, good Mexican food and In-N-Out!

After we move and get settled, I will check back and give a fair and balanced update on how things are going for us in AZ.

Will keep you posted in a few months

Old 03-21-2011, 03:19 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,702 times
It is already over 90 degrees in Phoenix. It snowed a couple days ago in Boise. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:52 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,776 times
Yeah, its called California.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:22 PM

139 posts, read 384,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Just blows my mind that its still snowing here in Boise, although, as long as it doesnt create road hazards, I think its beautiful. Ive been bashing this area since I started this post, now Id like to give it some credit. I had a small car repair emergency, I had no money. I pulled into Nampa Auto parts in Eagle. Not only did the nice men there offer there hand at replacing my leaky hose, but they told me I could go to the bank AFTER they were done to get the money to pay for it...and trusted me. In AZ, this transaction would not have happened, but here in Idaho, where I have met only the nicest people in the nation, it does happen. I was going to leave my DL with the man, and he told me not to worry about it. I rushed to the bank with a fully repaired car and withdrew 7 bucks and brought it back as fast as I could. I don't know if its just the awesome peeps at Nampa Auto Parts, or the wonderful folks of this state, but I am sure lucky to have both.
I have had similar experience(s). What blew me away was the first time I bought a car in Boise and the salesman just let my wife and I drive off without him during our test drive. That would NEVER happen in LA.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:50 AM

879 posts, read 2,858,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Yeah, its called California.
It doesn't compare to Idaho winters...obviously...but this has been a rather long winter for SoCal. Sure we get some warm sunny spells that you won't get in Boise...but still not what I've become accustom to.

Raining now, snowing not too far away. In fact, a couple hours ago it was warmer in Boise than in LA.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:09 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Well Idaho people, thanks for being so nice, but now that my lease is up, Its time to load up a truck and get on with my life. All the best to all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area