Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times

Advertisements

Mai Thai downtown has some dim sum on their menu. They also have an evening and late night Izakaya appetizer menu which is pretty tasty. But Boise does need a good dim sum specific restaurant. Who knows, maybe in the near future.

The New Izakaya Japanese-Fusion Small-Plate Specials | Mai Thai Restaurant & Bar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM

229 posts, read 707,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdollins View Post
asia market is in the cole shopping center off ustick/cole nice little shop its within walking distance of my place so I shop there every few weeks. owners are very nice people
The one at Ustick/Cole buried super deep in that mall (you can't really see it from the street) is actually Asian Grocery Outlet, while Asia Market is on Fairview between Five Mile and Maple Grove. AGC is Chinese-owned while Asia Market is (I presume) Vietnamese. Anyway I hit up both though AGC has the more interesting options for my tastes.

And if you need Korean supplies, head to Manna Market down the road a bit on Ustick right by Delsa's. The sign out front says "Kim's Oriental Gifts & Food", or something very close to that. Nearly everything in there is Korean-based.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:24 AM

229 posts, read 707,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benchfan View Post
The new market is in the same strip mall. It's called something like "Oriental Market Two" or something funny like that. It's down closer to Chaing Mai.
I wasn't sure what to expect when I drove by it, but it has nothing to do with Orient Market. It's called Asia Market 2, i.e a smaller extension of its primary competitor Asia Market. I was shocked. I'm not sure what to call the situation. Gutsy? Stupid? Couldn't they have moved somewhere closer to the downtown grid that lacks an Asian market instead of setting up shop in the same strip mall as its competitor? They're in the spot where Orient used to be before they moved to the other end of the mall. When I spoke to someone from both stores, each was downplaying it. But if I was with Orient, I'd be super pissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: