Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 07:52 PM

4 posts, read 16,941 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am wondering where the best places for camping and or boating are near Boise (within 3-4 hours away)? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 08:41 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,898,263 times
The opportunites near Boise are endless. You can head towards McCall, very beautiful forested/mountain setting--one of the most beautiful areas in the state I have been told, or you can go up towards Sun Valley and the Sawtooth Mountain area. Closer to Boise, within about 30 minutes, are many great places in the woods I have camped before. There are the large reservour lakes outside of Boise, but then there are several mountain lakes nearby too.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:36 PM

4 posts, read 32,598 times
Hell just drive up to lucky peak it a 30 min drive or if there are too many people keep driving up the road past the damn to arrow rock its a 1 hr drive.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,034 times
There are campsites all over, well within the 3 to 4 hour time range. Stanley Lake and Red Fish Lake up in the Sawtooth Mountains are absolutely beautiful. Try these websites:
Idaho State Parks and Recreation

Stanley Lake Campground | Idaho | Public Lands Information Center | Recreation Search

Sawtooth National Forest Campgrounds

Attraction Search Results

Old 09-02-2008, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 11,527 times
Default Camping...........

I'm making a trip to Boise, by myself, strictly for the purpose of checking the city out for potential relocation........

I am hoping that there is a campground right on the edge of town so that I can keep it simple and rough it on the cheap yet be able to be as near town as possible. I don't need amenities other than a shower. I just am hoping for someone to tell me the best place close to town as I'm not as familiar with the location of the map on the Idaho State Park website, in reference to Boise.

Thank you, in advance, for your help!

Jeremy

Old 09-02-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett-Born and Raised View Post
I'm making a trip to Boise, by myself, strictly for the purpose of checking the city out for potential relocation........

I am hoping that there is a campground right on the edge of town so that I can keep it simple and rough it on the cheap yet be able to be as near town as possible. I don't need amenities other than a shower. I just am hoping for someone to tell me the best place close to town as I'm not as familiar with the location of the map on the Idaho State Park website, in reference to Boise.

Jeremy

Can't think of any campground close enough to fit the bill for you....there's some RV parks, but nothing that provides showers that I can think of....maybe someone else can provide info....but I don't think there's anything nearby. I know if you're looking at the map you were referring to, the closest to us would be Lucky Peak and Eagle Island, but neither have the facilities you're looking for. Wish I could help you more....

Old 09-02-2008, 10:36 PM

215 posts, read 788,994 times
Last time I checked there is an rv park near the fairgrounds in nw boise/garden city area.
As for places to camp that are beautiful, Cascade area is nice, little bit more northeast of there is a place called Warm lake...haven't been there for about 7 years, but still remember it..picture a beautiful lake completely surrounded by mountains and trees.
Lowman area is nice also
possibilities are endless for places to camp and for beauty..I love Idaho!

Old 09-02-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinl5 View Post
Last time I checked there is an rv park near the fairgrounds in nw boise/garden city area.
As for places to camp that are beautiful, Cascade area is nice, little bit more northeast of there is a place called Warm lake...haven't been there for about 7 years, but still remember it..picture a beautiful lake completely surrounded by mountains and trees.
Lowman area is nice also
possibilities are endless for places to camp and for beauty..I love Idaho!

You should re-read what the poster was asking for, he needs a place where he can take a shower and he's looking for a location on the "edge of town". Cascade, and Lowman aren't what I would consider on the edge of town, not to mention, I believe they lack shower facilities.

Last edited by Torrie; 09-02-2008 at 11:10 PM..

Old 09-03-2008, 08:24 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,585 times
United Campgrounds, Idaho

Old 09-03-2008, 08:40 PM

278 posts, read 906,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett-Born and Raised View Post

Jeremy
If you want something a little more rustic, the Shafer Butte campground is in the national forest not far from the local ski hill called "Bogus Basin". The campground is about 20 miles from Boise and doesn't appear to have a shower.

Here is the list of Boise National Forest campgrounds. I don't think any of them are closer to town that Shafer Butte:

Boise National Forest - Recreation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area