Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2007, 04:25 PM

4 posts, read 16,946 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband and I are visiting Boise from September 8th through the 10th. We are considering moving to Boise in April 2008. Does anyone have any suggestions on things we should definitely check out while we're there?! We definitely would like to check out the different neigborhoods as well as drive up to see some of the mountains. Any ideas on where to start or how to get around to know which areas are which? Thank you in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 05:03 PM

341 posts, read 1,673,664 times
TAke a day and just walk around downtown starting at BODO; have lunch
a great place... We are moving there once we sell in AZ here
We visited this summer for a week - drive up through Eagle - then go into the foothills, to Bogus Basin, then up to (Ithink it is called Payette Lake)
You can rent a raft and float the river through through town - don't forget to visit the parks (julie Harris and the Rose Garden)
the Zoo is the cutest
Drive through Warmsprings Blvd - see all the older homes and more expensive victorian types - then go over to Hyde Park (the artsy side - kind of trendy, hippie) and have lunch or a good glass of wine.
and the food is great in all the trendy restaurants - we must have tried about 10 - loved the sidewalk pizza place in BODO and the icecream at MaggiMoo's is wonderful.
Enjoy and I envy you - you will

Old 08-30-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Thanks!!

Wow, that was very helpful! Thank you!! You just made me more excited to visit which I didn't know was possible! Good luck on selling your place!!

Old 08-31-2007, 05:18 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,762 times
I've got a great map from the Boise Chamber of Commerce I can mail you. It's very detailed and easy to read. LVGAZ makes some good suggestions. You need to get downtown and experience the people, food, shops etc. Look at the thread Fall for Boise is almost here. There's a couple of links there that might give you some things to do. There's also a trolley that you can take that gives you a tour of the downtown area. Try this number:

Boise Tour 208- 433-0849

They just went through a change of ownership and I'm not sure if they are up and running again or if this number works, but it would give you some insight into the city and add to your experience.

You can also take a drive up Bogus Basin Rd at dusk and have many views of the city lights. Or if you want to head up further into the mountains take hwy 55 to McCall, about 2.5 hours away and check out the Payette Lake. Beautiful drive! On your way you can take a side trip to Tamarack to view the country's newest ski resort. It's a work in progress, but as you drive through it you will be impressed with the structures and atmosphere that is being created up there. If you have a chance go to the real estate office and look at the model replication of what it will look like when it's complete. It's going to be an amazing little town of it's own. I'm guessing on the miles here, but I believe it's about 10 miles off of Hwy 55. As you're driving north on 55, the road that turns to take you there is in the small town of Donnelly. Watch for the green signs that direct you to Tamarack. There's a map on the website below and also written directions. Look under Getting Here on the left hand side of the web page.

Tamarack Resort Idaho - Tamarack Idaho

As far as subdivisions to visit, there are tons. It's difficult to direct you to any specific one without knowing what your needs are. If you want to see some historical homes drive down Warm Springs Ave like LVGAZ said and also Harrison Blvd.

Click on my name and send me a direct message with your address and I can mail you a map. If you want to give me more details about what you might be interested in for a home I can be more specific of different areas to look at.

You're going to have a great time!

Old 09-12-2007, 01:56 PM

I just wanted to update you all on our trip to Boise this past weekend. We had a really nice time. Everyone there is SO nice. It was obvious to us as soon as we got off the plane. I was a little worried how we'd be treated since we are from California however the only people who sort of dogged us was people who were from California!! Go figure. Although, I don't know if that was a true test or not since the rental car had Utah plates on it. Anyway, the town is beautiful. We especially loved the north end of town. We drove up to bogus basin and it truly is only 45 minutes from the base! We also checked out Cascade Lake & McCall as well as drove up to Tamarack. Thanks for all of your suggestions...They really paid off! We were impressed with how easy it was to get around and see everything. We enjoyed eating at the variety of restaurants too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: