Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 04:23 PM

405 posts, read 1,280,905 times

Advertisements

Yeah I get it.. I really suck.. I am really rude.. You are all great and so polite and mature. Yes, the problem is me.

Hood River and Bend suck IMO.. Kansas doesn't suck.. The people there are very hospitable and friendly, but if you love mountain hiking, where would you go? Can you answer that question for me, Mr. Perfect? I liked Boise, because it didn't have the elitist mindset or grungy, lowly element that Hood River had. Go hang out in snowboarder towns, it's not for everyone. I'm sure some people like the extreme sports mentality of towns like Hood River, Bend.

Yeah I can see it is a typical college bar scene, just not what I expect for a the center of a moderate size metro area. You would think the college scene would not be in the center of town.

And anyway, I don't really care.. My original post was NOT trashing Boise, but rather being confused and asking questions about the town. And, many of these last responses were people getting all emotional angry and insulting me, personally. Right, nothing could be wrong with Boise, its all me. You are such wonderful people.

And, guess what, I probably don't care as much about any of these things as those people with inflammatory responses care. Yeah, I don't go downtown Boise anymore at night. I don't need convincing. Boise is just fine with me. I just miss being in nature and not being worked to death. It's hard for an outsider to meet people and I have to watch every little thing I Say, as you can see from some of the pricks who contributed their useless responses.

Do I hate Boise? No, Boise is nice. Better place to raise a family.

I never said Boise was BAD.. It has advantages and disadvantages. Yeah, so I had a complaint? Anyone who wants to attack me because I made some comments about some issues with Boise can kiss my you know what and get off their high horse.

That's the one thing that I don't like about Idaho. If you make any complaint the people freak out and tell you to leave. I like sharing my opinion, sorry if you cannot have a civilized, intellectual conversation. Yeah, I think downtown Boise is sleezy, shoot me.

Just because I don't think Boise is so beautiful doesn't mean I don't think it is a nice place. I have the right to my opinion. Some people like desert scenery and rolling hills and farmland. I grew up in the forest and that is the type of scenery I like. Dang, sorry that I don't like what you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk40
You also are contradicting yourself- first paragraph you state that Boise is a bad place to live and we are all making you agree with that.
It would help if you read my post. I was being sarcastic. I never said Boise is a bad place to live. I said by people being rude, hostile and condescending, they may give people from the outside a feeling that Boise folks are not the most friendly and enjoyable. I understand that people here are probably very loyal to their hometown and rather than discussing issues with people will take the totalitarian approach of shutting up people who complain about anything. My point being, Boise isn't a bad place, it's the people with their hostile responses who are bad.

BTW.. I have lived in Oregon for over 20 years and loved the following places I lived:
1. Yachats, Oregon Coast (Beautiful place, Friendly people, wish I Could move back, weather and isolation stops me)
2. Boring, OR (The most exciting place in Oregon, and most beautiful, view of Mt Hood in my yard)
3. Portlandia (Ah, I love Portland, it has its share of problems, but it's a nice city to live, if you got the dough..)
4. Ridgefield, WA (Nice town, not far from PDX area, Lovely scenery and wildlife refuge nearby..)
5. Volta Region, Ghana West Africa (Malaria, Car Accidents and Corrupt Police were a problem, but lovely people and culture)

Places I don't like:
1. Hood RIver (Expensive, Stuck-Up Snotty Elitists and Grungy Snowboard/Windsurfer Scene)
2. Bend (Same as Hood River,, area seems more desolate)
3. Eugene (4 years living there was enough, but Go Ducks, was burglarized 3 times there!)
4. Pullman (There while I was young, cold, isolated, farmland and not much scenery)

I have lived in Portland for over 10 years alone.. So , for people who just think I hate evrywhere I live, you are full of crap, you don't know much about me.

Last edited by MysticalDream; 03-15-2012 at 04:40 PM..

Old 03-15-2012, 04:36 PM

229 posts, read 585,179 times
You are how old??? Because you come across as mature as my teenage daughters- actually that's an insult to my daughters. They have more maturity. And now we are "pricks".

Old 03-15-2012, 04:46 PM

405 posts, read 1,280,905 times
I'm old enough to spank your fat butt, missy.. Better behave..

Nanny nanny..

Ok, I see how this conversation has degenerated into a juvenile food fight, I'm done here..

Old 03-15-2012, 05:09 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Yeah...this thread is pretty much totally worthless at this point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area