Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2007, 07:21 PM

5 posts, read 15,173 times

Advertisements

My Family of 6 would like to relocate to boise area. I have been a self employed truck driver with middle management experiance for nearly 20 years. We just want to get out of the mid west. We Chose Idaho because of the liberal homeschooling laws as we home school our children,and also I know how beautiful Idaho is and did I say Im an avid hunter and fisherman! Is it hard to find homes for rent out in the country near Boise and what is the job market like for my line of profession?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 09:03 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,265,652 times
I can run with the job market question Are you running your own authority or do you have intentions on signing on with a company? Reefer, flatbed or dry van? I do know most regionally owned companies are hiring. Just know that Idaho cpm is not quite what you're used to elsewhere.

I don't think now is the time to be an o/o unless you own the truck outright and then all you have as overhead is the upkeep and insurance. My husband drives for a company that is in SE Idaho, in fact he just switched companies after 16 years since he was not getting decent miles and loves the move he made; more miles, more $$ and better insurance.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:24 AM

Thank you for the feed back. That was helpful. I dont really want to be running over the road in that area in a big truck over the winter. No I dont own my own truck and I realize that getting a job in trucking is easy if your CDL is clean, as mine is.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:34 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,265,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribaldad View Post
Thank you for the feed back. That was helpful. I dont really want to be running over the road in that area in a big truck over the winter. No I dont own my own truck and I realize that getting a job in trucking is easy if your CDL is clean, as mine is.
Ok, I must have gotten confused when you said you were a self employed truck driver Winter is cake, it's summer and them twisters that I don't care for

Old 09-23-2007, 01:51 PM

This may seem like a silly question but, are Basements not common and what is drinking water like other than city water?

Old 09-24-2007, 12:42 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,231 times
I don't know what you mean by 'common' . I have a gorgeous finished basement in my home and there are others in my neighborhood with them also. I don't know percentage-wise how many builders put them into their homes, so I'm taking a guess at 10-20%. Maybe someone else will post who has more knowledge in this area .

Eagle Water is my provider and it is fine I guess. I prefer to drink distilled water myself and have a water softener and purifier in my home. I find a lot of people drink bottled, but I just assume it's the fad. Again, everyone is different and someone else may be able to give their opinions also.

Best wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribaldad View Post
This may seem like a silly question but, are Basements not common and what is drinking water like other than city water?

Old 09-24-2007, 01:56 PM

201 posts, read 478,844 times
My cousin goes to Boise State U and he moved from the living in the city of Chicago, he expected a much more drastic change than he got. He love's how laid back the people are and how beautiful the scenery is..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: