Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 06:40 PM

284 posts, read 611,544 times

Advertisements

Looking at probably renting an apartment for our 1st year in the area. Can anyone share a recommendation for the Boise/Meridian/Eagle area. Would prefer at least a 2 bedroom and MUST be pet friendly. Possible would consider a duplex also. Rent of maybe $850 or less. Maybe can go up a little on that but would prefer to keep it below.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 09:19 PM

50 posts, read 163,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeBee66 View Post
Looking at probably renting an apartment for our 1st year in the area. Can anyone share a recommendation for the Boise/Meridian/Eagle area. Would prefer at least a 2 bedroom and MUST be pet friendly. Possible would consider a duplex also. Rent of maybe $850 or less. Maybe can go up a little on that but would prefer to keep it below.

Thanks!

Central Boise - The Springs of Royal Oakes is a good one.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:01 AM

623 posts, read 1,612,010 times
Reflexions at River's Edge ( Reflections at Rivers Edge Apartments )is a nice complex right next to the river, greenbelt and new whitewater park with easy freeway access to get anywhere. I have a friend who lives there and loves it--she was quite reluctant to move into an apartment after a divorce but she has found that the location suits her perfectly plus she has a lake view and walks on the greenbelt every day. I recently priced out a one bedroom for a client and they were at $610/month so I would think a 2 bedroom would be in your price range. They were almost sold out of units that were coming up for the beginning of September and that was the first week of August so you'll want to contact them in advance. Good luck!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 PM

Thank you both. That Reflection place looks really nice.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:22 AM

6 posts, read 13,174 times
Did you end up choosing Reflections? We are relocating to Boise soon and are considering that complex.

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL452 View Post
Did you end up choosing Reflections? We are relocating to Boise soon and are considering that complex.

Thanks!
No, we ended up renting a house in Meridian.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:54 PM

239 posts, read 617,762 times
NOT STONERIDGE.
I live there now. And let me tell you about just today.

First day of low 70 temps, couldnt wait to open my windows and get some fresh air. I walk outside on my balcony and there are people setting up a children's bday party in my "front yard" OK, call me a b**** or whatever, but I dont like kids. Theyre noisy and they bother me. Now I find out a 3 yr old's bday party is literally right under my windows? There was like 20 people complete with pinata. Ok, so that was bad.
Then...there is a neighbor who has 2 dogs and leaves one out on his balcony all the time. I feel bad for the dog, but it barks and barks, constantly. So today the poor dog was out there all day, and was just brought in around 10pm. I have a dog and every time that poor dog barks, mine and everyone else's dog starts to join in as well.

Yea, I know I sound like the cranky old woman. Maybe I am, but I just like peace and quiet. This is definitely the loudest place I have ever lived in

Old 09-29-2013, 04:53 PM

15 posts, read 25,651 times
as far as apartment complexes and/or rental companies any recommendations? Anyone get set up before actually arriving in Boise?

Old 10-01-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatmedusa View Post
as far as apartment complexes and/or rental companies any recommendations? Anyone get set up before actually arriving in Boise?
I made one trip to Boise to find a place to live. Took about a day and a half to find a place I liked. I did initial paperwork with the property management company, got an approval. After that, leases and everything was handled via email. They even left the house key in a lock box on the door and gave me a code to share with my moving company. My moving company arrived a week before I did. They were able to come in, leave my stuff (Even hung the clothes in the closet) and then left the key in the lock box. Oh and turned on the heat. When my husband and I arrived around 8pm the night before Thanksgiving all we had to do was walk in, pull sheets out of a box, make the bed and go to sleep.

We use Residential Property Management on Ustick. They did a few quirky things but overall I was very pleased with with them. Good luck.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:50 PM

15 posts, read 25,651 times
Sounds like Residential Property Management has some great customer service! Ill check them out for sure. VeeBee66 where did you relocate from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: