U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 11:06 PM

4 posts, read 8,811 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in moving to Boise and I've heard that I can fly fish right in Boise. I don't mind driving out of town on the weekends, but my work schedule allows me time in the evening that I'd like to head to the river for a few hours. I've got a friend living in Boise, though he does not fly fish, but he says that the river is always crowded with folks fly fishing - so much so that it is not worth it. I find this highly disappointing because I've read a lot of the fly fishing opportunities in Boise proper. Can anyone who does fly fish in Boise shed some light on this because I'm thinking my friend is just not that educated on what is available for fly fishing in Boise.

Also, I have a 12' inflatable pontoon boat with a trolling motor. Are there any small reservoirs in the area that I could use the boat to catch trout? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,851 times
I would never say it is too crowded to fly fish on the Boise river in town! There are plenty of places to go. Your friend might drive by the bridges and see a few people fishing, but if you just go on a short walk you'll have the shore to yourself. However, you would have to drive out of town for an hour and a half or so to get to the really good spots.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:08 PM

3,130 posts, read 6,073,796 times
Check out outdoors section in the Idaho Statesman which is the Boise newspaper. Lots of info.

Outdoor Sports news from Boise, ID | Idaho Statesman

Old 08-14-2012, 11:17 PM

4 posts, read 8,811 times
Default Great suggestions

Thanks so much for the information. I look forward to starting out in Boise and then branching out once I learn the area better. The Idaho Statesman looks like a great resource I can research until my move.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:07 PM

621 posts, read 1,486,634 times
We live on the Boise bench just above the river and can easily walk down to a pedestrian bridge where folks fly fish. I've never seen more than two or three fly fisherman at a time and it seems to be a beautiful spot to fish.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:53 PM

125 posts, read 310,827 times
I think that a license costs a couple of bucks but you may end-up hooking inner tubes more than fish; you might tey the confluence area where the river forks as it's a bit less well-travelled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area