U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 AM

31 posts, read 87,075 times

Advertisements

Does anyone fish the stretch of river that runs between Garden City and E end of Boise. I was in the area a couple weeks ago and the water looked great for trout. Is there an abundance of fish in this stretch for someone who knows what they are doing? Someone said there are rainbows and browns, but I've wondered how difficult it is get something out of here (being located in a city). Anyone here that actually fishes in the Boise River and does well when they go? There is a a difference between the person who fishes a lot and the other who actually catches fish on a regular basis).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM

1,955 posts, read 3,344,688 times
I fish a lot in the area, but not on the Boise River. I prefer to go out to the reservoirs or fish the Snake for warmwater species like catfish, crappie and bass. I can give you some info, though. The Boise River is heavily planted with hatchery rainbows and browns. There are nice holdovers, especially browns. When the steelhead start to arrive en mass, fish and game will transplant some hatchery fish from above Hell's Canyon into the Boise. You will need a steelhead tag to retain one.

Check the Idaho board at BigFishTackle.com:

Fishing Forum : Idaho Fishing Forum: Idaho Fishing General

If you are into fly fishing, Idaho Angler is the local fly shop and you can call them for hatch reports and recommendations on what to use. Their number is 389-9957.

Hope that helps.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: