Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2007, 12:04 PM

11 posts, read 35,776 times

Advertisements

Ok, so you've already relocated from somewhere else and you're settled in, my question is --- has living in Boise changed you? If so, in what ways? Has it made you slower paced (assuming you came from a chaotic environment to begin with)? Have you noticed that you are more/less social? I hear a lot about the niceness of the people -- does that make you nicer because of others? Do you find that you do more ''family things'' now? Please let me know if it's changed you at all and for the better/worse.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 AM

51 posts, read 225,757 times
We've been here 18 months and yes, our lives have changed. We've slowed down because you absolutely have to. People do not work as quickly here as they do in a bigger city. Traffic is terribly impacted so it takes a long time to drive anywhere in the Treasure Valley. Traffic is actually worse here than in the "big city" we came from. You can't go anywhere or get anything done in a hurry here and that is an adjustment. Honestly, I just find it frustrating. Not Boise's problem, I know, it's mine.

Yes, people are nice here. Have we become more social? No, not really. People are friendly, but not "open". It's hard to get to know people - it takes time and gaining their trust. They upside is that we are spending more time as a family, because we don't really know that many people after a year and a half here.

Our lives before were somewhat chaotic. We were just too busy. Now the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. We miss our friends and family. Boise is a nice town, but it's not for us. We miss the amenities of big city life: efficient customer service, public transportation, freeways, community colleges, openness to new ideas, etc. etc. We've decided to move back home.

I think if you're ready to make a permanent lifestyle change and accept the slower pace of life, then Boise is a great place to live. My advice is to be sure of what you want and really examine why you're relocating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area