Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 04:04 PM

35 posts, read 73,375 times

Advertisements

My husband is going to be flying to Boise for a few days of interviewing for work. Will there be leaves on the trees and flowers blooming by next month? Not sure yet when he's going..guessing the 2nd or 3rd week of April. We've only seen Boise in November and the scenery was a bit bland, not to mention, a little on the cold side. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 04:08 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,690,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggroomer67 View Post
My husband is going to be flying to Boise for a few days of interviewing for work. Will there be leaves on the trees and flowers blooming by next month? Not sure yet when he's going..guessing the 2nd or 3rd week of April. We've only seen Boise in November and the scenery was a bit bland, not to mention, a little on the cold side. lol
Things should be blooming and the temp will hover right around 40 to 80.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:12 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,356,590 times
The most predictable thing you can say about springtime in Boise is that it is unpredictable.

We could have snow.
We could have rain.
We could have brilliantly beautiful blue skies.
We could have all three on the same day.

It could be 40 for highs, it could be in the 80s. It could be one one day and the other the next day.

My tulips are already coming up, and I noticed buds starting on the trees already. I'd say 3 weeks from now, spring should be in full force, with all that that entails here.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM

Good..I hope it's beautiful when he gets there. He likes it cold, I like it hot. lol It's in the 80's here in Phoenix this week..windows are open. I do miss the change of seasons though...(grew up in the midwest)

Old 03-29-2013, 01:05 AM

232 posts, read 562,976 times
Winter hung around a little extra this year, but it's now great! My yard had daffodils up already, some little purple thingies that I've forgotten the name of, tulips are about halfway to blooming, and all my trees & bushes have plenty of buds (except one poor tattered-looking bush that I may have been a little over-zealous with my trimming last Fall).

If you like four seasons, you'll love it here!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 PM

Sounds beautiful. How are everyone's allergies up there? My 6 year old (along with most of Phoenix) is suffering terribly right now with all the wild flowers blooming in the desert.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:25 PM

12 posts, read 29,348 times
Quote:
Sounds beautiful. How are everyone's allergies up there? My 6 year old (along with most of Phoenix) is suffering terribly right now with all the wild flowers blooming in the desert.
I'm moving to Boise this summer and I'm hoping to leave my allergies behind when I do. I have never in my life had any allergy issues until I moved to Tucson 3 years ago. Now I get them every single spring, without fail. The way I see it, it can't be any worse in Boise.

Last edited by robohead; 04-05-2013 at 05:12 PM..

Old 04-05-2013, 04:49 PM

We thought my husband was going up there this month, but the Boise PD is interviewing new recruits only for the October academy. They don't have a date yet for when they are interviewing laterals. Probably sometime this summer for the accelerated academy that will happen next Feb/March. That gives us more time to save even more money for the move. Also, if he doesn't have to go until summer, then me and our 2 kids can go as well and make a vacation out of it and really check it all out. We saw Boise in November when it was 40 degrees. I would like to see it in the summer in July to compare it to Phoenix in July.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:58 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,670,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robohead View Post
I'm moving to Boise this summer and I'm hoping to leave my allergies behind when I do. I have never in my life had any allergy issues until I moved to Tucson 3 years ago. Now I get them every single spring, without fail. The way I see it, it can't be any worse in Boise.
It can be really bad in Boise - just depends on what you're allergic to. I know people who moved from western Oregon and found it worse here than there... and vice versa.

It all depends.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:00 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,356,590 times
Quote:
We thought my husband was going up there this month, but the Boise PD is interviewing new recruits only for the October academy. They don't have a date yet for when they are interviewing laterals. Probably sometime this summer for the accelerated academy that will happen next Feb/March. That gives us more time to save even more money for the move. Also, if he doesn't have to go until summer, then me and our 2 kids can go as well and make a vacation out of it and really check it all out. We saw Boise in November when it was 40 degrees. I would like to see it in the summer in July to compare it to Phoenix in July.
July and August can be very hot in Boise. Some years, it is warmer here than it is in Southern Utah, like Saint George. Not as hot as Phoenix, but not a lot cooler. We get quite a few triple digits days. Very dry though, like Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area