Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2007, 08:43 AM

364 posts, read 618,077 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been pouring over houses for sale the last few days <thanks Torrie>. We are however a little confused.

Our price range is up to around 400k, and from the looks just on paper you get more house for the money in Meridian vs Eagle. HOWEVER, I'm all about location location location. In soft markets, the less then optimal locations sit while the good locations sell. Where would people who live there now move to or buy if they had the chance to do it again?

Also, I just watched a "foothills development video" on the city of Eagles website. Interesting, but if the hills above Eagle get built up then won't that make Eagle now on the "lesser side" of development? Wealth generally spreads north in communities. Lastly, we were stunned by the amount of new houses for sale that are sitting vacant. Is the market really that soft?

Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 04:19 PM

171 posts, read 1,052,445 times
If you are most concerned about location, location, location then I would suggest sticking to Boise proper. In softer markets, the closer to the core you can get the better.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:37 PM

434 posts, read 3,178,282 times
You may want to look around HP (Chinden and Cloverdale) for a house. It is right on the border with Eagle but you have a Boise address. Prices seem to range from $230,000 and up depending on the subdivision you pick. If you are thinking about future re-sale value you want an Eagle or Boise address.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:28 PM

364 posts, read 618,077 times
Yes I am thinking about future resale. Although that is not in our short term plans I always take my fathers advice and keep in mind selling...when buying.

Funny, I have heard that now 2x about having a Boise address. Usually people want to live in the suburb outside of the "city". Inner city usually goes to hell while the suburban towns hold value. I guess Boise must be different.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:18 PM

171 posts, read 1,052,445 times
Boise does not have anything you could even begin to describe as "inner city" in the negative way. The most sought after neighborhoods are close to downtown. Downtown Boise is one of the cleanest, safest downtown cores you could possibly imagine.

Living close to the core you don't have to deal with all the traffic and the sprawling growth of the suburbs. There are great neighborhoods located all around the city core.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:32 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Yup. Was visiting last weekend, stayed at the Doubletree Club across from BSU. I have to say Boise had the cleanest downtown of any city in America I have visited.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:46 PM

14 posts, read 53,015 times
I recommend considering freeway access, and work commute. This is usually why the Boise area has strong demand. Having quick access to Bogus Basin ski resort in the winter is always a plus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: