Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 08:04 PM

4 posts, read 14,177 times

Advertisements

I am looking at the MLS and seeing a lot of newer homes (2006-8) available for under $100k some in the $80ks is this just the average price for Caldwell? The pictures look very nice but I've also heard of hubble homes and a few others that make lemons I have been trying to figure out if this was just one of their subdivisions that's why the price was lower.

If this is a lemon house do you have any advice on areas to look? We are just looking to be within an hour of Boise, 3br, a little land for the kids to run, in a safe kid friendly neighborhood. For around 125k or less preferably a lot less but I know you get what you pay for. Were planning on meeting with a realtor soon but I like to be as educated as possible before walking into any possible financial situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 05:28 PM

623 posts, read 1,612,610 times
Fieldcrest Village is a Hubble Sub. I'm not familiar with it but I can see from the MLS history that Hubble is who built the homes in that sub. You will get a lot of square footage for your money there, but I'd take a close look at the surrounding homes and how they are cared for and carefully inspect any home you are seriously considering.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:23 AM

36 posts, read 63,239 times
Driving around the neighborhood is a great way to check out a neighborhood. Hard to do from far away. I suggest that you contact area police and see how often they respond to that area as well. You can view statistics online however a personal call generally gets better results. You just need to ask good questions. Happy House Hunting, Rich

Old 01-08-2014, 10:28 PM

69 posts, read 143,385 times
That is good advice to call the police department. That is what I did with the Nampa Police Department and they were very friendly and accommodating.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:02 PM

51 posts, read 76,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelocatingMilFam View Post
I am looking at the MLS and seeing a lot of newer homes (2006-8) available for under $100k some in the $80ks is this just the average price for Caldwell? The pictures look very nice but I've also heard of hubble homes and a few others that make lemons I have been trying to figure out if this was just one of their subdivisions that's why the price was lower.

If this is a lemon house do you have any advice on areas to look? We are just looking to be within an hour of Boise, 3br, a little land for the kids to run, in a safe kid friendly neighborhood. For around 125k or less preferably a lot less but I know you get what you pay for. Were planning on meeting with a realtor soon but I like to be as educated as possible before walking into any possible financial situation.

We are facing the same problem. Did you get any helpful responses??? So difficult to relocate and using Realtor.com doesn't answer the "neighborhood" question. Vpike is helpful but still isn't the total answer and even a short visit doesn't help a lot. So hard to know and so important. We just want SAFE.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:58 PM

122 posts, read 229,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgloss View Post
We are facing the same problem. Did you get any helpful responses??? So difficult to relocate and using Realtor.com doesn't answer the "neighborhood" question. Vpike is helpful but still isn't the total answer and even a short visit doesn't help a lot. So hard to know and so important. We just want SAFE.
It really helps to have a good real estate agent. I found one and driving around Boise with her was extremely helpful, "this area is good but avoid this street, better to be west of X street, etc". All stuff I couldn't see on Google Maps, any MLS site, or even just driving around on my own (although that was helpful too).

We weren't shopping Caldwell, so I have no specific knowledge to share there, other than driving around the area and talking to someone who has lived there for years seems to work best imo. Hope this helps.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:36 PM

13 posts, read 12,371 times
We are buying a House in Pheasant Run subdivision in Caldwell just off the freeway, so it has really good access to getting anywhere you need to go!! Question, does anyone know if this is a good area? It was built in 2008, but alot of new homes being built by Humble and CBH Homes in the same subdivision. I love the country feel and am hoping and praying it is in a good area!! Also I love the house!! Can anyone give me some insight on this? Thank you

Old 01-19-2016, 05:10 AM

819 posts, read 1,068,278 times
First off - congrats on buying a home! Unfortunately, as a licensed Realtor, I am not allowed to comment on "good vs bad" areas since our government is concerned I might steer you one way or another. The problem is the answers are subjective. My recommendation is use your own definition of what "good" is, then double check that definition (i.e. is it low crime, good schools, well kept homes, etc.)

I can't believe after 25 years of selling real estate I had never heard Hubble Homes referred to as Humble Homes. I am going to have a tough time getting that out of my head (kind of like singing "It's a small world after all"). I believe they are in phase six of that community so you should get a really good idea of how well they are enforcing the CCR's and it is a large enough community that you should be able to get some pretty accurate data from the local police, schools, etc.

Best of luck!

Old 01-19-2016, 10:21 AM

140 posts, read 124,642 times
Pictures are very deceiving. after looking at at least 100 homes here in Boise, I found that most the pics look way better than the house in real life. Some homes look way better than the pics. If I was to put this in a percentage I would say 95% pics look way better than the actual house and 5% homes were actually better than the pics. Thing is we could be heading into a recession so prices might come down. Good luck

Old 01-19-2016, 09:07 PM

13 posts, read 12,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
First off - congrats on buying a home! Unfortunately, as a licensed Realtor, I am not allowed to comment on "good vs bad" areas since our government is concerned I might steer you one way or another. The problem is the answers are subjective. My recommendation is use your own definition of what "good" is, then double check that definition (i.e. is it low crime, good schools, well kept homes, etc.)

I can't believe after 25 years of selling real estate I had never heard Hubble Homes referred to as Humble Homes. I am going to have a tough time getting that out of my head (kind of like singing "It's a small world after all"). I believe they are in phase six of that community so you should get a really good idea of how well they are enforcing the CCR's and it is a large enough community that you should be able to get some pretty accurate data from the local police, schools, etc.

Best of luck!
Oh LOL!! I didn't realize I spelled it wrong... But it is very funny! I will always think of Hubble as Humble Homes now!!! Thank you for making me laugh!!! And Thanks for your recommendation to use my own definition of what is good.. I will do just that! The subdivision looked well cared for, and I liked that it was only 10 mins away from Costco and other good stores!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area