Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 07:30 PM

4 posts, read 6,546 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Wondering if anyone can give me some info and advice. We are looking at building a home with Boise Hunter Homes. We have never had a new construction home before. Totally green in this area. Can anyone give me a review of their reputation or know about their business? Im feeling a little frustrated with their sales people and wondering if I should walk with all the talk and pressure Im getting. I was told I could get a better deal without a realtor but Im nervous about that.
Im coming from out of state and I like what I see, but Im wondering if its all flash and no substance. I have toured several of their homes on my discovery trips.

Also, Im looking at a lot in Saguaro Springs, Meridian. I don't know much about the area. I have looked all over Meridian and Eagle and it seems pretty central. The schools seem fine and the neighborhood seems quiet. Anyone have any experience in this neighborhood? I have 4 little boys and I am wondering about demographics, resell in the area, overall feel and quality of life. Any thoughts or advice would be great.

Thanks in advance!
-E-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 04:30 PM

122 posts, read 229,726 times
I've considered using BHH myself and have posted on this board asking around but didn't get any answers - in fact I think my post was taken down because I can't find it. That's weird.

It concerns me that they would pressure you to not use a realtor. Even with new construction, I highly recommend using a realtor and your own independent inspector.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:41 PM

285 posts, read 540,355 times
I live in the area, but own in an adjacent subdivision. The area you are looking at is an area with many younger families and kids. The homes seem pretty well constructed and the new ones seem to sell fast. The neighborhood is made up of Saguaro Springs and Saguaro Canyon. It is a quite area and well maintained. All the areas have HOAs so rules are enforced. SS seems to be close to being built out and SC will be probably close to being built out by the end of this season, maybe a few lots left after this building season.

Get yourself a realtor. The people representing Boise Hunter represent the seller. They don't represent you. They pay your realtor, so use one. They hope you won't get one and they'll save some of the 3% commission they would pay out to an outside realtor.

Demand and resale seems high for the area.

Your right, it is pretty centrally located. Schools are close for your kids. I see kids riding their bikes to school everyday.

I feel lucky to live in the area and the homes are still a good value.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:37 AM

34 posts, read 60,500 times
Hi eangela! My husband and I are relocating to Eagle. We have been looking in the area since last September on three different trips (we currently live in Central Oregon and just sold our home here).

We did consider using Boise Hunter for buying one of their semi custom homes, in that they will customize their spec - standard floor plans. But the more we educated ourselves on that builder and talked with the folks who owned BHH homes, the more we came ot the conclusion they were not a good fit for us. I think more than that is likely a direct messaging discussion and not a board discussion given the rules of the board. But just to say not a fit for us.

As for BrianX's comment about highly recommending working with your own realtor, I say I'm with him! Absolutely important I think. We've been working with a great Realtor who has made it a pleasure to educate ourselves on the greater Boise / Eagle / Meridian area with her help. Very efficient. An agent you are comfortable working with is on of the most important partners in making a relocation work. This is our 11th move in 36 years and between five different states. This Boise agent is tied for first place for the best of all we've worked with.

If you can find an agent that you're comfortable I think you'll find the process easier. I wish you all good things in your relocation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area