Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 04:51 PM

215 posts, read 258,772 times

Advertisements

So my husband and I are ready to purchase a home or lot to build on for our retirement home. We are another California couple ready to leave the state. We have been to the Boise area several times and are very familiar with Boise, Meridian and Eagle. I will be arriving the first week of June to spend time with our real estate agent to hopefully figure out where to purchase. We have a great interest in the Mace River Ranch development and the lots available to build on.

Can any local person give me their take on that property? We want this to be a good investment and that area seems to keep its value. I will be touring other developments too that have larger lots available; we are wanting something that is close to 1/2 to 3/4 acre.

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 07:21 AM

34 posts, read 60,533 times
Hi hrsouce,

I am not yet a local, my husband and I are less than 30 days out from a move from Bend, Oregon to Eagle. Although he is a Brooklyn NY native and I grew up in Portland and Seattle, after working in the NYC area we spent 20 years in the SF East Bay for jobs before moving to Bend and we are now Eagle bound. We have been in active search in the Eagle area since last September for a house which would meet our needs to remodel (I have MS and no longer easily use stairs and so single story is essential for us) or a lot on which to build. We have a great agent who has introduced us to scores of options. Loke you it seems we have focused on Mace. I don't have a local person's perspective, of course, given my husband and I are new transplants to Eagle. But for our purposes and specific wants and needs, buying a lot and building in Mace seems like the best option for us. We did some due diligence on custom and semi custom builders and came up, before zeroing in on Mace, with one who we felt was "the one" for us and his company is conveniently one of the Mace "preferred" builders.

Since we spent a lot of time looking at lots in the area I'd be happy to share our thoughts and opinions if you are interested. We were looking for a lot of about the same size you mention, wihch is downsizing both lot and home for us and downsizing is exactly what we were hoping to do.

Good luck with your transition to the lovely Treasure Valley.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:54 AM

215 posts, read 258,772 times
Thanks for your input and look forward to hearing more from you when you have time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area