Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 09:04 AM

21 posts, read 58,309 times

Advertisements

How successful have people been in securing employment in the Boise area while living in another state? I am a high school teacher with multiple masters degrees and lots of experience teaching A.P. classes and my husband is an industrial engineer (also referred to as engineering technology) with an emphasis in manufacturing. He currently works in aerospace but his degree is diverse enough that he can work in any kind of manufacturing field. He is currently a Quality Manager who manages the stages of productions and works with vendors and clients to ensure that the various products they manufacture meet particular standards. We finally took a vacation to the Boise area and fell in love. Through my limited research I have found a few jobs available in our field but I wanted to hear from people on the forum their experiences with securing a job while not currently living in the Boise area. Has anyone used a headhunter agency? We will not move to the area unless one of us has secured employment. We plan to keep our house in CA, rent it out to offset the cost of living in Boise as I know we will be taking drastic pay cuts. Any experiences, ideas or opinions is welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 07:44 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,475,666 times
I lived in the area and couldn't find a job. But I did know a few people that worked for some of the high tech companies like Micron that recruited for their departments. One friend told me that he always had a hard time recruiting people to move to Boise. The jobs were so specific to Micron that if for some reason they had to cut back, the employees would have to move out of Boise to stay in their field. So if you feel like gambling, I'd start at Micron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area