Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 02:15 PM

9 posts, read 12,343 times

Advertisements

We cant wait to move here. The only downside is it doesn't look like there is any baseball near there. He is almost 14 and baseball has been his life since he was 9. Is there any fall rec teams near here. Mountain Home, gooding, Jerome, Twin Falls? So far google hasn't been much help.

Thanks Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 05:31 PM

Sorry I'm new here, I may have posted this in the wrong spot.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:14 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,776 times
Gooding, Shoshone, or Hailey/Bellevue would be your best bets.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:29 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
I'll bet you will find some teams in Fairfield. Baseball is everywhere here. If not, all those places boisefan88 mentioned aren't very far away, and Mountain Home is also closely in the opposite direction.

It's a small town, but it's in one of my most favorite places in the state. You will understand why next spring, when you see the Camas Prarie bloom for the first time.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:38 AM

719 posts, read 1,567,702 times
I'd look at Mountain Home - it's a bit of a haul but not too bad. Fairfield is nice, and really close to the outdoors. I really like Featherville - check out the Trinities, the upper SF east of town and don't miss the drive from Featherville over to Atlanta. Lots of fun country to explore.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:21 AM

We are outdoor people, thats what led us to fairfield. I can't wait!!! What are Trinities? Upper SF?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:40 AM

719 posts, read 1,567,702 times
The Trinities are the Trinity Lakes west of Featherville. The upper SF is a reference to the Upper South Fork of the Boise River. Upper meaning above Anderson Ranch Dam. The river below the dam is famous for fly fishing but I like the upper end better personally.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:57 AM

Oh yeah. We camped on the upper SF when we were checking out the area. What a cool river. Kids floating it on swimming pool rafts. Lol, im not going to lie, we wish we brought our rafts. Haha

Old 07-24-2014, 02:55 PM

85 posts, read 294,487 times
I researched this and I think Meridian has a great Babe Ruth program
Meridian Youth Baseball & Softball | Meridian Youth Baseball & Softball

Old 07-24-2014, 03:31 PM

863 posts, read 2,993,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball6 View Post
I researched this and I think Meridian has a great Babe Ruth program
Meridian Youth Baseball & Softball | Meridian Youth Baseball & Softball
I think the disconnect here is that Fairfield isn't really the Boise area. Boise is 100 miles from Fairfield; Meridian is an addl 10 miles. But Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken or Little League are 2 programs to look in to. I'd a
ask the school or other rec facilities. The thing is, further out you go, it gets more difficult to find enough kids for a team or teams, finding practice locations, then finding teams to play. This becomes a bigger issue especially when you run into tournaments, All Stars, etc. because the further you get into rural areas, the more difficult it is to coordinate team schedules. Spring is of course the popular season for baseball. Fall ball tended to be a much smaller group with a shorter schedule. In Boise, it starts in August and ends in Sept. I think. (We never played because we wanted to go camping and boating.)

Also, at least in Boise little league type programs end around 14. About that time you generally have to play High School ball then it can get VERY competitive. That said, he'd have a better opportunity in a smaller more remote (HS) school. There's also Legion ball (in the HS age group) which is a feeder to minors. It is very competitive and gets expensive. Around here what you might call Rec Leagues are for adults, 18 and up. Our sons love baseball and are a little older now (20s) they've have tried to coordinate Jr College play. It's died twice because there's no one close enough to play.

Last edited by zoso1979; 07-24-2014 at 03:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area