Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:45 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times

Advertisements

Check your PM again as I sent you a second response :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,954 times
Default Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2idaho View Post
My husband and I have decided to move our family to the Boise area. We visited Eagle last year and absolutely loved it there. We didn't, however, really get the chance to explore Boise and are interested in hearing about the different neighborhoods there. We really loved Banbury Meadows and Two Rivers in Eagle but were wondering if we missed out on anything great in Boise... (maybe even something with a lower price range). We are looking for an upscale, safe neighborhood/subdivision with great schools. Can anyone suggest an area to check out? Thanks!
Just check out the crime in Boise / East Boise. When we moved here we could not decide either so the crime rates helped us choose Eagle.
East Boise has some fine neighborhoods mixed in with troubled areas.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:17 PM

23 posts, read 58,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2idaho View Post
My husband and I have decided to move our family to the Boise area. We visited Eagle last year and absolutely loved it there. We didn't, however, really get the chance to explore Boise and are interested in hearing about the different neighborhoods there. We really loved Banbury Meadows and Two Rivers in Eagle but were wondering if we missed out on anything great in Boise... (maybe even something with a lower price range). We are looking for an upscale, safe neighborhood/subdivision with great schools. Can anyone suggest an area to check out? Thanks!
Try the northside.....older well cared for homes...close to Boise High School....probably the best H.S. in boise.....great teachers and a diverse student population un like Eagle which is pretty monochromatic both racially and socially. I should know my son teaches in Eagle. Home are a bit higher, but not the cookie cutter style that characterizes Eagle, Meridian and some of the newer subdivision in boise proper.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:50 AM

10 posts, read 22,667 times
I know it is an older post but we are looking into relocating to Boise as well. When you say Northside, do you have any names in mind? That would help me looking into these Real Estate maps. We are looking for Boise proper, upscale clean and safe, quiet, large yard, near walking and biking paths and nature and not too far access to downtown, and to spend about $400,000. Is it realistic?

We do not care for schools, having no kids home anymore. Care very much for organic foods, farmers markets, and conscious people.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:48 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,762 times
You should look at SE Boise, area 300; it fits a lot of what you're looking for; bike & walking paths, clean, safe, nature and not too far from downtown, maybe 5 to 7min.

The Northend is good, but you don't always get the larger yard depending on where you're looking. On a real estate map this would be area 200.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 PM

10 posts, read 22,667 times
Thank you very much Torrie. I see that you are a Realtor. I am going to look at the map and you most likely are going to read me again soon. Please feel free to send me your website.

I am really concerned about the mosquitoes spraying. I know these bugs can be really bad, but the chemicals sprayed are highly toxic and the water becomes contaminated. What is the present situation? Bad mosquitoes? still spraying? aerial? trucks? both?

Thank you

Old 08-10-2009, 04:03 PM

424 posts, read 1,379,405 times
I haven't seen anyone doing extensive mosquito spraying in the last several years. Mosquitoes are definitely still present and annoying but they are usually only around during the evening/night. bug spray fixes that problem though. I concur that SE Boise is a better bet. The problem with the north-end (improperly labeled northside above) is that it is too far away from the freeway which can make things a hassle if you want to get around. With a budget of around $400K you can get some very nice homes in SE Boise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: