Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:25 PM

14 posts, read 58,629 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have decided to move our family to the Boise area. We visited Eagle last year and absolutely loved it there. We didn't, however, really get the chance to explore Boise and are interested in hearing about the different neighborhoods there. We really loved Banbury Meadows and Two Rivers in Eagle but were wondering if we missed out on anything great in Boise... (maybe even something with a lower price range). We are looking for an upscale, safe neighborhood/subdivision with great schools. Can anyone suggest an area to check out? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2006, 05:50 PM

63 posts, read 362,615 times
Check out North and East Boise near downtown and South East/Parkcenter areas of Boise. The North and East end have the old historic neighborhoods and the expensive foothills homes. SE/Parkcenter has a lot of really nice upscale neighborhoods
(Bown Crossing is a new one) in a very natural setting near the river and ponds.

In my opinion the nicest areas of the actual city of Boise (not the burbs) are the ones I have listed.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:20 AM

21 posts, read 116,658 times
Meridian is one of the nicest areas near Boise. It is a growing city, and has some very nice homes on the market. The prices are very reasonable also. If you need anymore information, let me know.

Old 11-03-2006, 12:44 PM

17 posts, read 79,758 times
Default North and East Boise

I agree with Pineboy....the North and East areas of Boise are really nice. The foothills homes are unique and not so much like all the "crackerjack box" homes that you find in the newer subdivisions. Also a thing to consider, if you live in the "burb's" commuting into Boise is a pain! In the North and East area's it's closest to downtown. Good Luck!

Old 11-03-2006, 01:02 PM

35 posts, read 304,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abanderson View Post
I agree with Pineboy....the North and East areas of Boise are really nice. The foothills homes are unique and not so much like all the "crackerjack box" homes that you find in the newer subdivisions. Also a thing to consider, if you live in the "burb's" commuting into Boise is a pain! In the North and East area's it's closest to downtown. Good Luck!
Hi there,

Can you please explain what you mean by commuting being a pain?

Thanks!

Old 11-04-2006, 12:12 AM

6 posts, read 34,326 times
I live in Star about 15 miles west of Boise. I love it here! If being in a short line at a 4-way stop on a 2-way country road is traffic problems. The speed limits are 50 mph so you move along at a good clip. You will get congestion during rush hour near Boise but nothing like most metropolitan areas.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:46 AM

35 posts, read 304,203 times
Thanks so much, run-Mike! That sounds pretty reasonable compared to where we live since it takes us about 55 minutes to go 21 miles in the morning to work and in the afternoon it's about an hour and 20 minutes to do the same 21 miles back home!

So on average 5 day work week that's about 10 hours drive-time.

Ugh...

Old 11-04-2006, 12:50 PM

14 posts, read 58,629 times
Default thanks

Thanks for all of the info everyone. We are hoping to make a return trip this winter to check out more neighborhoods and to look at the schools as both my husband and myself are educators. Any other info is always greatly appreciated.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:00 PM

318 posts, read 1,316,867 times
Run Mike,

Star...what kinda of community is it. Does it run into Boise or is it a separate community? Is it a good community for kids? Tell me more please

Izzy

Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,211 times
Default Sent you my reply via PM

Let me know if I can help you with websites, etc to help in your research
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2idaho View Post
Thanks for all of the info everyone. We are hoping to make a return trip this winter to check out more neighborhoods and to look at the schools as both my husband and myself are educators. Any other info is always greatly appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: