Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:00 AM

805 posts, read 2,000,172 times

Advertisements

I don't think you would have a problem...while there may not appear to be a whole lot of diversity here initially, you can find it and regardless it seems that most everyone is very accepting here regardless of race and or color.

what is making ya'll decide to move here from Vegas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 11:16 PM

30 posts, read 80,825 times
my first wife was from Moscow Idaho. I moved her down here to nor cal 20 yrs ago.. funny shes doing well now down here. we each have been married twice since then. my life has changed in many ways since then and I'm thinking about relocating with my current wife to the Boise area. so if you had a 100k where would you buy ?

Old 07-11-2012, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 5,914 times
I think the only things I have not liked about living in this area, is how fast it grew, with poor planning.
Eagle road has become a nightmare, and the constant need for construction, just adds to the frustration.
There just doesn't ever seem to be a day that driving anywhere, doesn't turn out to be a fight for survival.
People here have never learned how to merge properly, nor have they learned to drive the speed limit. 35 in a 55, 45 on a dangerous 65 mph highway. And, on the other hand, it's common to be shoved at about 15 miles over the speed limit.
Sit at the light at Eagle and Fairview, and be entertained by the 8 or more cars that blatantly blow the redlight.

Snow brings out many who think that 4 wheel drive means stop on a dime on the ice, and rollovers in an inch of snow are common.
Just frustrating to go anywhere anymore, easier to just not go anywhere if we don't have to!

Old 07-11-2012, 03:25 PM

674 posts, read 1,458,588 times
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot stand the drivers here. Constantly they drive 10-15 mph under the speed limit. They give no regard to traffic flow, to catching light patterns, to merging/yielding, staying in their lane, or regard for anyone else in traffic but them.

Traffic in Boise is best described as: lazy Sunday afternoon drivers who are in their own world. They drive as slow as they wish, switch lanes when they want, drive slow in the fast lane because only I'm important, they stop for pedestrians ON A GREEN LIGHT/RED HAND (with the ped looking confused at them), they text, they phone, they don't pay attention to bikers...

Old 07-11-2012, 04:04 PM

285 posts, read 850,042 times
Lets not forget how they sometimes ALMOST STOP on the freeway to let somebody merge in or STOP on eagle road from 55mph to let somebody at a stop sign on a side street or parking lot come onto the road. WHAT!? Being courteous to that one car is sometimes being extremely rude for the hundreds of vehicles behind them!

I've driven in a lot of states and every state has their bad habits, but Idaho takes the win for the worse driving experience. Ever.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,895,438 times
[quote=ILI.EB;25124977]Lets not forget how they sometimes ALMOST STOP on the freeway to let somebody merge in or STOP on eagle road from 55mph to let somebody at a stop sign on a side street or parking lot come onto the road. WHAT!? Being courteous to that one car is sometimes being extremely rude for the hundreds of vehicles behind them!

I've driven in a lot of states and every state has their bad habits, but Idaho takes the win for the worse driving experience. Ever.[/QUOTE]

In my experience not. Utah has the absolute worst drivers. Idaho people are too nice which can be frustrating but at least there is courtesy here for the most part. Utah people lose all commen sense when they get behind the wheel and are the most rude and aggressive I have ever had the honor to drive amongst. Give me CA or Seattle drivers anyday over Utah drivers. I notice in Boise that if a car is weaving quickly down a surface street, driving erratically that more then likely it has UT plates with I love BYU bumper stickers

Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 PM

285 posts, read 850,042 times
I agree that Utah has a total lack of common sense or regard for the law, however it's fairly uniform so you know what you are getting.

I think the biggest problem with Boise is the huge mix of super slow and the utah-type. I never know what somebody is going to, it's just not predictable at all.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:30 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
How did you leave off the habit of pulling out in front of you when the coast is clear for at least a half mile behind your vehicle. They really can't wait an extra 5 seconds to pull out then proceed to drive 10 MPH under the speed limit?

Old 07-11-2012, 05:50 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,681,481 times
There's absolutely no way Utah drivers, as bad as they are, are as bad as drivers in Boise.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,362,007 times
Ha, drivers in Boise are a mix of people from all over the place, transplants.

I agree Utah drivers are bad and Boise drivers cannot compare to their badness, Utah wins in that category, by a huge margin too. Boise imo is a cakewalk and the driving is easy, just watch out for the people blowing through stop lights and t-boning and overturning the car they hit. To be more inclusive of the entire state, the bad drivers in Idaho are from Jefferson County, Rigby between Idaho Falls and Rexburg. Coeur d'Alene and especially Spokane drivers have a lot to be desired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area