Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM

57 posts, read 116,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redalicat View Post
Yep, Radio Boise KRBX at 89.9FM (or 93.5FM if you're closer to downtown). We love it!
Oh thank you baby Jesus... I'm programming both into my radio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 02:27 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Thanks, Lacerta. One of the goals of making some generalizations was to see where they fell shy of the mark, or incomplete, or were simply too general.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,198 times
I am from California as well and I totally agree with the above comment. California doesn't feel like America any more. My husband and I also plan to move to Idaho when we retire. We have visited a couple times and loved every part of idaho that we saw. The land is so beautiful! I hope Idaho does not change much before we are able to live there. I Hope it never comes close to being California. And it's too bad the Meth problem really is everywhere, especially in California. The drug laws need to be stricter and instead they are becoming more leenient..... at least here in California. I would recomend Idaho to anyone who will preserve and respect it and it's longtime residents.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:24 AM

742 posts, read 1,129,178 times
Well, it's interesting just how much like California Boise feels like.

So by transitive property, Boise doesn't feel like America???

Old 01-27-2015, 10:59 AM

3 posts, read 10,339 times
Default SE Idaho Relocation

We are planning a trip to southeastern ID (we loved Pocatello, but it's been 20 years) to drive in from Boise to Pocatello and environs. We live 30 miles north of Los Angeles and we already purchased property in Central CA but the meth problem in that community is out of control. We're in our late 50's, I have metastatic breast cancer that must be managed. Would SLC be the best access to medical care or are there good oncologists in Boise too? What area(s) would your recommend on our trip to check out? Wish list includes not a lot of snow, access to rivers and lakes, Christian community and activities for people our age. Thanks, we are looking forward to the next chapter and a good place that I can enjoy my days until cancer wins the battle (I expect I'll have a good 5-10 yrs as I'm doing quite well despite being stage 4).

Old 01-27-2015, 11:43 AM

719 posts, read 1,567,479 times
SLC would have greater medical resources than Boise, but Boise does have good hospitals and oncologists as well. In either case you won't have access to the same kind of care you could get someplace like LA, San Francisco or Seattle, though. That's one of the drawbacks of not living in a major city with world class hospital facilities.

Outside of the medical issues, if you're comparing SLC and Boise there have been a lot of threads on the subject you can search through. The biggest differences probably boil down to larger city vs smaller city and the higher prevalence of Mormons in SLC.

Best of luck with the battle you have on your hands.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:01 PM

318 posts, read 516,268 times
.... May a likely, soon-to-be resident, who's explored & researched Idaho for years, participate here now? .: )

.... Likes: almost everything. Really.
.... Dislikes: sales tax on food.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 AM

731 posts, read 958,557 times
"Friendly, but with an underlying toughness--not people to push or provoke, not if one has sense."

My kinda people!!!!

Old 02-07-2015, 11:19 PM

6 posts, read 15,324 times
Thanks for the insight!

Old 02-25-2015, 07:37 AM

64 posts, read 114,551 times
Verakb,
I'm sorry for what you are going through and I hope you find just the right spot for you.
Aisling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area