Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 01:40 PM

719 posts, read 1,567,305 times

Advertisements

The Village actually has two sections. The south section is the one that's designed like an outdoor mall or city center or whatever, and it has more boutique type shops along with restaurants and office space. The north section is more of a standard retail strip mall, and that's where the Co-Op is going in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,899,365 times
Does anyone think Trader Joes will open a location in Meridian or Eagle now that Boise Co-Op is opening at the Village?

Old 03-11-2015, 10:46 AM

719 posts, read 1,567,305 times
I don't know about Trader Joes but I've heard rumors that Whole Foods is planning it at some point. It wouldn't surprise me if the threat of it is what prompted the Co-Op to strike first with their location in the Village. I think there would be room for all three of them to basically be money printing machines. There are an awful lot of pretty affluent people driving up and down the Eagle Road corridor every day.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:49 AM

879 posts, read 2,858,152 times
TJs is opening a second store in Spokane, so I would assume if the Boise store is doing well the same would happen there. I think TJs is over-hyped, but I'm sure the CA crowds in Eagle and Meridian would eat it up, possibly to the detriment of the Boise store. Then again those people may not go Downtown even for a TJs.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:59 AM

742 posts, read 1,129,072 times
The TJs downtown is in such a clusterfudge of an area. Too busy for most people to want to walk/bike, and the parking is too congested for people to want to drive. I don't know what they were thinking putting that in there like that with the Panda and Chipotle, but it's a mess every time I'm in the area. At least with the Coop and WF you can get in and out relatively easy.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:08 PM

879 posts, read 2,858,152 times
When I was in town over the summer I didn't find parking a problem the few times I was there. I'm from LA though, so maybe I'm used to tight parking. At peak traffic times though it is awkwardly placed and slightly stress inducing.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:25 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,363,790 times
Trader Joes is really easy for those of us who live in the Northend and downtown to bike or walk to that's not an issue. Driving and finding a place to park can be an issue.

I much prefer the Boise Coop, it's local and pleasant to shop at. Trader Joes has too many kiddies running around with their toy shopping carts.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:26 PM

742 posts, read 1,129,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
Trader Joes is really easy for those of us who live in the Northend and downtown to bike or walk to that's not an issue. Driving and finding a place to park can be an issue.

I much prefer the Boise Coop, it's local and pleasant to shop at. Trader Joes has too many kiddies running around with their toy shopping carts.
I think that's the feeling I got too, which scared me! That, and the parking is just really tight.

I am still faithful to the Coop, though. Always will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: