Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:13 AM

209 posts, read 316,566 times

Advertisements

Grimm actually films in Portland. My husband grew up there and is always recognizing their filming locations.

I agree. It was very cheap of them not to at least send a camera crew up to shoot some exteriors. The downtown they're using looks so completely unlike downtown Boise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 10:27 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,377 times
I love Grimm for that! I like your drinking game idea but I think it would get me real smashed for the Boise show.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:45 AM

88 posts, read 213,611 times
I'd be willing to bet the town in the pic is somewhere up near Santa Barbara or SLO judging by the terrain and archetecture. Somewhere near enough to LA to not have to expense a trip to ID.
Had a hate/hate relationship with Sons Of Anarchy and its so obvious none of those scenes were filmed in the central valley, they are totally So Cal/LA area foothills or inland empire terrain. ...Even the Central Valley near Stockton has frikkin' trees for crying out loud. The pines in the foothills dissapear around Bakersfield south.
...yet another reason I hate Hollywood.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:45 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
I love Grimm for that! I like your drinking game idea but I think it would get me real smashed for the Boise show.
LOL I have a feeling it would turn lots of social drinkers into alcoholics.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:18 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,898,263 times
Did anyone watch Wayward Pines on Fox this summer? It was also based in a futuristic Idaho.

You can see the Statehouse in this photo:

http://projectfandom.com/wp-content/...S1E5-Boise.jpg

And they flashed this view in the show:

http://ultraimg.com/images/248c40.jpg

Old 08-14-2015, 01:52 PM

209 posts, read 316,566 times
Yes, I saw Wayward Pines. At least they had a real shot of Boise.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...ent-a-few.html

At least Fred Savage spent some time here to find out about Boise. I like him for that, and for being Kevin Arnold.

Last edited by FutureNorthender; 08-14-2015 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 08-14-2015, 02:18 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead69 View Post
I'd be willing to bet the town in the pic is somewhere up near Santa Barbara or SLO judging by the terrain and archetecture. Somewhere near enough to LA to not have to expense a trip to ID.
Had a hate/hate relationship with Sons Of Anarchy and its so obvious none of those scenes were filmed in the central valley, they are totally So Cal/LA area foothills or inland empire terrain. ...Even the Central Valley near Stockton has frikkin' trees for crying out loud. The pines in the foothills dissapear around Bakersfield south.
...yet another reason I hate Hollywood.
Figured it was probably all CA to save on production costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
LOL I have a feeling it would turn lots of social drinkers into alcoholics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Did anyone watch Wayward Pines on Fox this summer? It was also based in a futuristic Idaho.

You can see the Statehouse in this photo:

http://projectfandom.com/wp-content/...S1E5-Boise.jpg

And they flashed this view in the show:

http://ultraimg.com/images/248c40.jpg
I see the Boise Depot! I didn't know about this show so I've just put it in my hulu queue to catch the first season of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureNorthender View Post
Yes, I saw Wayward Pines. At least they had a real shot of Boise.

Actor Fred Savage spent a few days in Boise for his character research | Local News | Idahostatesman.com

At least Fred Savage spent some time here to find out about Boise. I like him for that, and for being Kevin Arnold.
Neat article on Fred Savage spending time in Boise for character research! I loved him from the Wonder Years too. I like Rob Lowe though too. I remember him in a short documentary style show at his home in CA with his family. Their house is right on the beach and he goes surfing like every day with them and is just a real nice guy all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area