Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 07:58 PM

39 posts, read 88,667 times

Advertisements

It's official! We're moving over! Won't be until June-but we'll take it! We're still looking at the Meridian area to rent. And we'd also like to buy in the same area. Although we do like the Star area for homes, the school scores are on the low side. Don't want to switch kids schools so pretty much where we rent, is where we'll buy. All in all, we're excited! Federal Way has never felt like home to us. It's a rough area. Always on pins and needles. And very fast paced. Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 08:05 PM

524 posts, read 573,707 times
Congrats. Smart to rent in the school district you want to buy in. We put DD in a good school, she made friends right away, and we were stuck buying in that district, even though Meridian was much more our type of place. Everything is on that side of town.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:50 PM

39 posts, read 88,667 times
Thanks! I've been researching Rocky Mountain HS and Centennial HS. One has lower scores than the other BUT it has a smaller student body population. So hard to choose. I'm glad we'll have a little time.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:59 AM

818 posts, read 1,064,679 times
I wouldn't put too much weight on the school scores. Every student is unique and what they choose to make out of their education is up to them. I would bet parents that are pro-active in their kids education have children that outperform the school statistics regardless of which school they attend.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:16 PM

209 posts, read 316,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
I wouldn't put too much weight on the school scores. Every student is unique and what they choose to make out of their education is up to them. I would bet parents that are pro-active in their kids education have children that outperform the school statistics regardless of which school they attend.
This is so very true. I teach in an "underperforming" school, but every class has at least 5 students who I know will be successful due to their parents' involvement, even it's just one parent.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:45 PM

447 posts, read 650,986 times
I have family that has gone to centennial its a fine school. Congrats on the future move boise/meridian is a big improvement on federal way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: