Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 02:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,466 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are also looking into Middleton. We currently live just outside of San Francisco, and with any luck I will be able to retire in about 5 years. Kids are in their late teens, so school is not a huge factor. Even though we live about 15 mins away from San Francisco, I never go there. Between the homeless and the drug addicts, I don't have any use. So, Middleton and Star have been on my radar. We are traveling out to meet my aunt in Star in June, so it will give us an idea of what we may be looking at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 10:33 AM

731 posts, read 957,845 times
Do a search on this forum, you'll find quite a bit of info. about Middleton and Star. Both decent areas, but Star is a bit more "settled" and a tad closer to major metro places.

Boise has issues with the homeless as well, but those issues are being addressed and hopefully resolved to the benefit of all.
Still, nothing like SF's situation.

Enjoy your visit, lots to see and do!

Old 12-25-2015, 12:17 PM

100 posts, read 143,522 times
So how do Star & Middelton compare to Kuna? I have been looking at all of these areas for prospective relocation. Looks like most was farmland, now subdivisions. I'm looking for a bit of land so I can have a house & shop with some room around it.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBound2012 View Post
Do a search on this forum, you'll find quite a bit of info. about Middleton and Star. Both decent areas, but Star is a bit more "settled" and a tad closer to major metro places.

Boise has issues with the homeless as well, but those issues are being addressed and hopefully resolved to the benefit of all.
Still, nothing like SF's situation.

Enjoy your visit, lots to see and do!
Thanks for the info, all I have been able to find seems Middleton is really someplace I am very interested in. I will search, but may be back with more questions if you all don't mind.

Dino

Old 01-01-2016, 09:53 AM

818 posts, read 1,066,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outta_Here View Post
So how do Star & Middelton compare to Kuna? I have been looking at all of these areas for prospective relocation. Looks like most was farmland, now subdivisions. I'm looking for a bit of land so I can have a house & shop with some room around it.
I would rate the three pretty similar, with Kuna being a bit more remote. Middleton is in Canyon County (as is part of the Star area) so typically their property taxes are a bit higher. Real estate prices in Star are the highest of the three and Middleton would be the least.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:04 AM

818 posts, read 1,066,796 times
Middleton is a pretty cool small town. It has escaped a lot of the negative stigma that is sometimes associated with Nampa and Caldwell. If you live on the west end of Middleton, the commute into the Boise and Meridian area isn't bad since you can continue a few more miles west to pick up the interstate and circle back to the east. The traffic does back up during rush hour especially during construction times, but if you are fortunate enough to be able to travel off peak teams, it is great.

You might go a bit stir crazy because comparing Middleton to SF is about as opposite as you can be and still live in a city. I believe the entire city limits of Middleton probably contain less housing units than Parkmerced in SF alone! If don't mind Taco Time being the only franchised restaurant in town, you might learn to love it.

Hope this helps and Happy New Year!
Jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area