Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 03:00 PM

91 posts, read 165,732 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Middleton, Idaho?

I looked online and didn't find much as far as quality of life/living/etc.

Is it a city that's primarily filled with "professional" type peoples? (college graduates/people with good jobs/etc)?

Do you think property values will rise in the next ~5 years?

The housing prices look right up my alley....~$150k or so for a 4 bedroom house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 03:27 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,836,115 times
Well, they have a hell of a nice high school...puts some community colleges to shame...but it looks like a farming community to me...

Old 12-01-2015, 03:30 PM

879 posts, read 2,857,417 times
I think the high school burned down several years ago. So voila - new high school. Strangely, I've known a couple Mormon families from OC move to Middleton (and a couple more to Eagle). Somehow I managed to work with Mormons when I moved to California. haha

Old 12-01-2015, 03:40 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,836,115 times
Their soccer field is where they hold the Idaho 4A state finals...I know some 4-year universities who would envy their field...

Old 12-01-2015, 03:46 PM

91 posts, read 165,732 times
So would you say that it's an up-and-coming city? 5-10 years from now it will be much bigger and property values will be higher?

I'm seeing some really nice houses for sale there. With huge backyards....

I wonder if there are any major stores around there? eg: Kohls, Best Buy/etc. General stuff you need to live.

Will be driving out there this week to check it out.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:00 PM

88 posts, read 213,472 times
Only drove through the town to get a vision myself but seemed to me like basically suburban houses, some on bigger lots, out in the farmlands. Some nice countryside if you like farms/ranches. By Boise standards it is "out there" if you work downtown, probably 30 minutes without traffic. Really more of a remote suburb than a city or town IMO.

I only spotted one grocery store and a handful of cafe's and fast food joints. Blink and you'll miss them. I think you'll be driving to Nampa, Meridian for shopping, Home Depot etc. Not much there but depends on what your looking for.
Values and growth will have a lot to do with the long term regional economy. Might become more valuable/desireable as Eagle and Star fill to capacity...or something. Fer what its worth.
Have a good trip!

Old 12-01-2015, 05:03 PM

742 posts, read 1,128,502 times
I think it will remain a small, rural bedroom community with farming/ag influence for the next 10-15 years. It will take a while for significant development to hit Middleton.

However, you might see more residential and suburban growth in that direction, as people wanting larger acreages are pushed more and more away from Eagle and Star. But if these people think they're going to commute regularly into downtown Boise.... well, HAHAHAHA.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:38 PM

61 posts, read 164,001 times
I work in Middleton and it is, to me, a very nice, rural community. Yes, there are a lot of farms, 1 mid-sized grocery store, a couple of gas stations and various other stores, but for the most part, as people have said, it's a bedroom community.

That's the CURRENT picture, but 5-10 years, Middleton is one of the faster growing areas of the Valley. Prices are pretty cheap now, but I think they will only get more expensive as time goes forward. The mayor is pretty forward thinking and a really nice guy. There are no department stores but there are a lot of homes being built so I would imagine it's only a matter of time before one or 2 start popping up. It's 13 miles to Eagle Rd. and about 3 miles more down Eagle Rd. to where all the activity is. The Costco is probably 6 miles away and there are major stores along the highway as well (Best Buy, Target, Home Depot etc.) but they are all about 6-7 miles from Middleton. The Ridley's in Middleton is just fine for most stuff and the Ace Hardware (part of Ridley's) has most of the common things everyone needs. No real restaurants (maybe Casa Mexico??) to speak of, but also, no fast food with Subway and Taco Time being the exceptions. There's pizza, banks, a cafe, fire station and police dept. and several mom & pop type stores. You'd have to go into Caldwell for more stuff.

Hope that helps

Old 12-09-2015, 03:02 PM

731 posts, read 957,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiasucks View Post
So would you say that it's an up-and-coming city? 5-10 years from now it will be much bigger and property values will be higher?

I'm seeing some really nice houses for sale there. With huge backyards....

I wonder if there are any major stores around there? eg: Kohls, Best Buy/etc. General stuff you need to live.

Will be driving out there this week to check it out.

If I were investing in RE in Idaho right now, Middleton would be my choice.

If you plan to work, look in Nampa and Eagle first, Boise last, depending on what type job you're looking for, as they are both closer. If retired, no worries! :-)

What you cannot find in Middleton, you will find in Nampa, Eagle or Meridian, the nearest cities with many amenities. And I believe that within 10-15 (if not sooner), Middleton will have most everything you could ever need for daily life.

Good luck!

Old 12-19-2015, 02:25 PM

818 posts, read 1,066,796 times
Middleton is a pretty cool little town. One thing that is driving it's growth is the low real estate prices you mentioned. You can head a bit further west and pick up the interstate and circle back to Nampa, Meridian or Boise pretty quickly so the commute isn't as bad as many people think.

Building lots in Middleton are very inexpensive so you can buy a home there for $30k to $40k for the same home in Boise. As Boise, Meridian and Eagle go up in price, so will Middleton.

You aren't finding much online about Middleton because it is a small rural town so not very high tech. There are local shops instead of Starbucks, etc. It isn't far to the mega shopping area in Nampa which has many of the major stores (Costco, Best Buy, Sportsmans, Bed Bath, etc.)

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area