U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 969 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am considering moving to the Boise area within the next couple years and I am looking for ideas on where to move to. I am in my late 40's, single and may or may not bring my high school aged daughter with. I drive truck locally and my company has a terminal near the east side of the airport, right next to the interstate, that I may transfer to. I don't want to buy a home I want to rent for a while until I know where I want to live. I do plan to visit this summer and look things over. I would prefer to live close to my job with as little drive time as possible. A good high school close by would be nice in case my daughter does come with me. I think my budget for rent is going to be no more than $800/month and would be looking for at least a two bedroom. I'm from a small town in WI (9,000) so I don't need anything real fancy but don't want run down either. Any ideas, questions or comments would be great! Thank you in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 11:01 PM

7 posts, read 6,490 times
Well Jimmy, the Boise rental market is pretty tight right now and the prices have gone up in the past year, but you should be able to find a decent two-bedroom apartment around $800. There aren't a whole lot of apartments on the side of town closest to the airport, but you may get lucky. Timberline High School in SE Boise is a fine school, as is Borah High School just a couple miles West and the North of Interstate 84 and the Airport. Both school districts would leave you with a pretty quick trip to work each day.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:33 AM

715 posts, read 777,434 times
If you like the small town feel, you might consider living in Kuna. You can drive in from the south side of the airport and avoid the interstate completely during commute times.

I know you said you were looking to rent, but you might consider that in parts of Kuna you might be able to get 100% financing for a home. I had a home built for a client in Kuna and he put down $500 earnest money and had a $194,000 home built and we had the builder pay all his closing costs.

You can still buy a lot in Kuna for the low $50k range compared to $90K+ in Boise.

Check Craigslist for rental options, but be careful of the scams on there. There are many cases where someone scrapes photos of homes for sale and posts them for rent in hopes people are ignorant enough to send them an application which the scammers then use for identity theft!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: