Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 03:27 AM

75 posts, read 157,426 times

Advertisements

Hi
Just wondering if anybody is Moving to Boise Idaho, from Riverside County.
We have live in Temecula, and Menifee for 7 years. We are tired of the traffic and how expensive
is has gotten to live in California. that we want a slower pace of life. and cheaper living. I have met a
few people from the Riverside area, that have move to Boise. just want to see if anybody move to Boise and why they left California. THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 10:11 PM

9 posts, read 20,879 times
The reason most people leave California is for the exact reasons you expressed. Sick of traffic, absurd HOA fees and taxes, gangs and crime. I work with and know several people from California, and they seem to like it here. We have a couple weeks per year of bitter cold days, but they usually pass through pretty quickly. Our winter weather here is pretty mild compared to our neighboring states, but we still have winter. It's been in the 50-60 degree range here the 2nd half of February this year. It gets hot here in the summer, but not like Palm Springs-to-Phoenix hot. A few days over 100. Traffic has picked up steadily with the influx of new people, but you'll think it's a breeze compared to SoCal.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:51 AM

679 posts, read 812,034 times
I agree with postal pete, most people that come here from CA are escaping the traffic, expense, and crime.

I only know of one couple that returned to CA after a few years and it was because they still had a home there.

We moved here almost 2 decades ago and have never regretted it.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:56 PM

140 posts, read 124,607 times
Id rather be homeless and live under a bridge in Idaho than live in pit of california.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:00 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postalpete View Post
We have a couple weeks per year of bitter cold days, but they usually pass through pretty quickly. Our winter weather here is pretty mild compared to our neighboring states, but we still have winter. It's been in the 50-60 degree range here the 2nd half of February this year. It gets hot here in the summer, but not like Palm Springs-to-Phoenix hot.

This is exactly why I want to move there

Old 03-03-2016, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisewoman59 View Post
Hi
Just wondering if anybody is Moving to Boise Idaho, from Riverside County.
We have live in Temecula, and Menifee for 7 years. We are tired of the traffic and how expensive
is has gotten to live in California. that we want a slower pace of life. and cheaper living. I have met a
few people from the Riverside area, that have move to Boise. just want to see if anybody move to Boise and why they left California. THANK YOU
I moved to South Nampa (near Boise) from San Diego County (Ramona) 17 months ago. We left for many of the same reasons you would like to leave, and we absolutely LOVE IT! We bought a beautiful home here at a fraction of what it would have cost in CA and have absolutely no regrets!

Old 03-04-2016, 05:31 PM

6 posts, read 23,118 times
Hi Wisewoman59,
We just recently moved to the Eagle (Boise Area) in Oct. 2015. We lived in Murrieta for 15 years prior to that we were in Menifee for 10 years. We were so ready to move out of there. The traffic was a huge pet peeve of mine and just was getting so bad. Unfortunately when we tried to move in 2006 our house did not sell in the time allotted as we had two high schoolers at the time. Our last two finally graduated last June and we made the move. We could not be more happy with the decision. The entire Treasure Valley is Beautiful and so much to do whether outdoors or not. We have lived thru the first Winter and it was great. We loved having a white Christmas as it did not last for long. A big thing we noticed right away here is the People, everyone is so friendly even on the roads. Feel free to contact me i would love to share more with you.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:45 AM

16 posts, read 70,992 times
I live in Southern California, French Valley / Temecula area. I just purchased a home in Boise that will eventually be my retirement home. I'm so over California. I've been traveling back and forth to Boise and I love it there. 4 seasons, including a little snow fall, 40 minutes (in the snow) up the hill to Bogus Basin and winter sports, the river and the greenbelt, water sports, Farmer's Market, Capitol City Public Market, Alive After Five, First Thursday, ice hockey, college football and basketball, balloon festival, Shakespeare festival, local artists, theater, music venue. What's not to like?

Old 03-07-2016, 04:19 AM

75 posts, read 157,426 times
Hi Karen
I live in Menifee I been visiting Boise for three years, just love it there.
My husband and I are both retire. and planning on moving there this summer.
so tired of the hot days in Menifee, and the traffic. We stay on the 15 fwy. and go thought
Salt Lake UT. IT take us about 15 hours to get there. it is a easy drive that way.
well good luck on your move. Jessica.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:12 PM

16 posts, read 70,992 times
Thanks Jessica! I can't retire yet but I am so excited that I can buy there and plan my retirement. Thanks for the heads up on the drive! Super excited!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: