Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 01:24 PM

818 posts, read 1,066,796 times

Advertisements

The weather is nearly a perfect summer day in Boise today. Fine print dislcosure: depending on time of day and your definition of perfect. If you like cool crisp mornings, perfect, as the low this AM was 58%. If you think perfect is 100 degrees - you are about to get an A+ as it is currently 95 and climbing. Humidity is only 17%.

If you can't get out and enjoy the outdoors until it gets too hot in Boise, just head up to Bogus Basin above Boise and it is currently a pleasant 75 degrees (20 degrees cooler than Boise) or grab you boat and fishing pole and head to the rivers and lakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 06:26 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
The weather is nearly a perfect summer day in Boise today. Fine print dislcosure: depending on time of day and your definition of perfect. If you like cool crisp mornings, perfect, as the low this AM was 58%. If you think perfect is 100 degrees - you are about to get an A+ as it is currently 95 and climbing. Humidity is only 17%.

If you can't get out and enjoy the outdoors until it gets too hot in Boise, just head up to Bogus Basin above Boise and it is currently a pleasant 75 degrees (20 degrees cooler than Boise) or grab you boat and fishing pole and head to the rivers and lakes.
You describe today's weather as perfect??? It is hot, mostly cloudy and swampy and it hardly was a cool, crisp morning. Even at 2AM I was outside last night in my t-shirt and feeling warm.

As I said, thank G-d for the modern HVAC systems and well insulated homes we have here as compared to Seattle area where I lived. Literally, when it is 85F in Seattle and your home has any sun exposure, it feels like a furnace.

However, I would not call today's weather that great. Almost 100F..

What I don't get is the humidity rates. I walk outside and it is swampy, while the weather report registers 11% humidity. I am thinking the weather stations around here have broken humidity monitors. Last night the humidity was 50% and now its 11%..

Maybe ,the wind is drier things out now.. I should go and take a walk outside to observe..

Old 06-08-2016, 06:50 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
This is kind of a ridiculous thread. Do some places get humid for a short period of time in the interior west? Of course they do. But this condition is not common. As others have pointed out, anyone who has lived in the midwest, east or south can tell you what real humidity is. That being said, those of us in the west may notice it more since it is so uncommon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: