Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 10:25 AM

46 posts, read 70,469 times

Advertisements

We have TDBank now, still living in NJ for two more weeks then finally moving to Boise.
I'm looking for a bank that I can have access to here in NJ as well as in ID to transfer my checking and savings.
So far Wells Fargo seems like the only one but their fees are on the hefty side.
I like TDBank but no branches in ID.
I have a Bank of America credit card and would love to open a checking account but no branches in Boise anymore.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 01:07 PM

679 posts, read 811,711 times
US Bank.

I am a big fan of local, community banks however. There are a number of great ones here. Washington Federal is a personal favorite.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:40 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Chase.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:36 PM

32 posts, read 67,393 times
Bank of the West.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:59 AM

46 posts, read 70,469 times
Thanks for the replies, none of these banks have locations in NJ.
We opened an account with Wells Fargo for the time being and will get something local once we're settled in the new house.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:17 AM

45 posts, read 30,397 times
best bank here is Iccu

Old 08-20-2016, 10:30 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,261,035 times
im pretty sure there are Chase locations in NJ.

Old 08-20-2016, 01:26 PM

818 posts, read 1,066,796 times
I highly suggest considering a local credit union or regional bank, not a national big box bank that treats you like a number. Most local banks have cooperative agreements so you can still use an ATM network across the country to get money or make deposits. With technology today, you can do online banking and never hardly step into a branch office. I know some credit unions that are nationwide that have no bricks and mortar offices.

Bank of America was horrible on multiple fronts and the closest branch they have to Boise is in CDA and that is fine with me.

My suggestion is to a needs analysis of what services are most important to you in a bank and then select the bank that fills that need the best. There is a reason why we have so many different options, so pick the one that is right for you. None of them are the absolute best or I would have a single account.

Old 08-20-2016, 01:32 PM

1,327 posts, read 722,648 times
Forget the nationwide bank nonsense, times have changed. If you live in Idaho, your best bet is Idaho Central Credit Union as was posted earlier. It's very easy to transfer money between institutions and ICCU offers some of the best rates in the nation as well as no fees for most banking services. I still have a couple of business accounts with WF and that bank sucks. I need to be less lazy and get them closed but with my balances, I pay no fees there either.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:11 PM

160 posts, read 252,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
Forget the nationwide bank nonsense, times have changed. If you live in Idaho, your best bet is Idaho Central Credit Union as was posted earlier. It's very easy to transfer money between institutions and ICCU offers some of the best rates in the nation as well as no fees for most banking services. I still have a couple of business accounts with WF and that bank sucks. I need to be less lazy and get them closed but with my balances, I pay no fees there either.
I agree.

I refuse to do business with a bank that took a bailout money. What have they done for taxpayers lately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: