Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 02:50 PM

59 posts, read 85,708 times

Advertisements

?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 02:57 PM

134 posts, read 244,246 times
Liquor stores.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:02 PM

32,517 posts, read 47,553,130 times
Walmart, in their stationary department, has smaller cardboard boxes for a very good price. About the size to pack and carry books in. Good size for shipping. I think I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 cents each for them. Much cheaper than buying boxes from any place else.

If you have pone of those tape guns (cheap used on ebay) then Costco has the best price on moving tape.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:17 PM

59 posts, read 85,708 times
Thanks!

Old 02-19-2017, 04:22 PM

6,339 posts, read 7,693,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Walmart, in their stationary department, has smaller cardboard boxes for a very good price. About the size to pack and carry books in. Good size for shipping. I think I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 cents each for them. Much cheaper than buying boxes from any place else.

If you have pone of those tape guns (cheap used on ebay) then Costco has the best price on moving tape.
Yes, Walmart. A little more expensive down here. Standard ply are 67 cents each. Heavy duty are a buck something. Perfect for books. I think they are 12 x 12 x 10.5. They have an even smaller size that works well for ammunition, which y'all know is quite heavy. They have some larger sizes too that would work for clothing and kitchen stuff, but I got my larger size in a bundle from U-Haul. Home Depot have boxes too. Got my packing tape from Costco. They have an 8-pack, not the best tape, but will due for moving. The tape seems to stick best to itself. Meaning that the first time when you make up the box, go a little higher on the sides. Then when you seal the box, make the tape long enough to overlap the first tape by about five or so inches.

It is so much easier to pack into a moving van when all the boxes are a few sized. They stack well. I'll be making the trip in about four weeks after escrow closes.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 02-24-2017, 08:30 AM

49 posts, read 71,311 times
For boxes of any size, contact a few realtors and share your phone number/email address.

Ask them to provide this information to any of their clients who are moving here and wish to get rid of their moving boxes.

They can not give you their info but can share your info with their clients.

We did that before moving here from another and got all the boxes we needed in 2 weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area