Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:14 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR Relocator View Post
I seem to be torn with which of these areas to move to. I plan to move there in May sometime. I am conservative and wanting the best schools for my children but.....unfortunately need to find somewhere not expensive.

Which areas and schools are recommended?
hard one there....
nampa is the best for affordability and slower lifestyle
Meridian is the best for conservative and family oriented just because its smaller...
Boise definetely has the best schools though...
boise high is rated the top high school in the state.. but going to that school you would be living in a more liberal democratic area of boise...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 04:34 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
Meridian schools are also severly overcrowded. Boise's are quite small.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:45 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,475,674 times
I don't know from personal experience, but I've been told repeatedly over the last 10 years that Kuna has some of the best schools in Idaho, and housing is considerably less expensive than in Boise.

You can find the Kuna school district at www.KunaSchools.org

There is also a "Community" link on that page that takes you to a good resource for links for all sorts of area information.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
abn

27 posts, read 130,350 times
Just a quick note...North Boise (with the great schools) is just as expensive as Eagle. We looked for many months in these two areas and they are very similar in their high real estate prices. There are a lot of school choices in Eagle if that is a consideration for you. They have charter schools and magnet schools that are all part of the joint Meridian school district. The joint Meridian school district is made up of schools in Meridian, Eagle and parts of Boise. You can go to their website to see what schools are part of it. It may be worth your time doing a little research on this school district. You can also go to school digger.com and get info on individual schools and how they are ranked statewide.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:24 PM

306 posts, read 1,247,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicskier View Post
Caldwell - No. Too many gangs and rush hour traffic to/from Boise.
Nampa - No. Gangs, rush hour traffic to/from Boise and the Sugar Beet Factory (stinky).
Star - No. There is nothing in Star.
Eagle - Hell No. Pretentious and over priced.
Meridian - No. Nothing but boring subdivisions.
Kuna - No. Brown, Brown, Brown.
Boise. YES. As Idaho goes it is diverse, with many distint neighborhoods, people, housing types, and entertainment.
Hey, Hey ... you generalized a bit too much.

Some people like suburbia (Meridian) it's great if you have kids ... lots of parks with kiddie playgrounds ... and big yards for kids to play in.

And Eagle, not everyone is pretentious. I live in Eagle and it's quite lovely ... nice walking paths ... safe ... close to the foothills ... None of my neighbors fit your stereotype ... I actually live next to several down to earth families, one pregnant couple, and some old folks (empty nesters) ... and the house I'm in cost much less than anything in the Northend and it's newer.

The Bench and other parts of central Boise is the only place we've ever experienced crime ... car broken into and vandalized by kids ( my guess ) ...

So, my perspective is slightly different then Logicskiers ...

Take broad sweeping generalizations with a grain of salt.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:03 PM

14 posts, read 92,113 times
Middleton is a good fit for a rural feel and a reasonable commute to Boise

Old 02-05-2008, 07:47 PM

226 posts, read 576,652 times
If I were moving to Boise, I would probably look for a nice place in Meridian, in one of those places with a nice entrance of fir and pine and rock, with some soothing name, like "Mountain Creek." :-) After moving in, I would head down the street to "Best Buy, Staples, Pets Mart, Borders" and all those other chains you can't escape.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSandsYucca View Post
If I were moving to Boise, I would probably look for a nice place in Meridian, in one of those places with a nice entrance of fir and pine and rock, with some soothing name, like "Mountain Creek." :-) After moving in, I would head down the street to "Best Buy, Staples, Pets Mart, Borders" and all those other chains you can't escape.
100 percent truth!

Well done.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
I like boise.. its got many different area's its pretty established and doesn't have the pains and drama involved in a smaller city that's growing like a weed

Old 06-26-2010, 08:52 PM

13 posts, read 49,770 times
So the southwest area and nortwest are good areas in Boise? Looking to relocate from reno looking for safe are apt hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area