Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 07:23 AM

25 posts, read 28,348 times

Advertisements

So i looked at my dream home in eagle and not sure if realtor took me around the whole town but all i saw was a small cute shops which i guess is down town only about two blocks and the rest was just streets and subdivision a few shops here and there. What am i missing i hear it’s amazing there. But seemed like not much was there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 07:51 AM

347 posts, read 402,256 times
I've lived here 7 years and been to eagle maybe twice?

Old 07-19-2018, 11:47 AM

25 posts, read 28,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
Where do you live

Old 07-19-2018, 01:39 PM

127 posts, read 140,756 times
North of State St, there are some pretty farms where you can buy acreage and have horses, etc. The Red Chair Lavender farm is in Eagle and it's gorgeous there.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:05 PM

347 posts, read 402,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottothinkpositive View Post
Where do you live
highlands

Old 07-19-2018, 03:19 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,787,669 times
Eagle gets praise for generally upscale neighbors, low crime, semi-decent commute and some shopping (compared to places further out with much less). May be more about what it isn't. Not too crowded. Not too much to worry about.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:32 AM

355 posts, read 564,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Eagle gets praise for generally upscale neighbors, low crime, semi-decent commute and some shopping (compared to places further out with much less). May be more about what it isn't. Not too crowded. Not too much to worry about.
I would agree with this. I like it more because of the reasons above, but to me, the town doesn't have a cute, old town feel, and there isn't much to do here. I don't have a problem with that though, being a little bit of an older parent. It's safe, and I feel good about letting the kids ride their bikes around town with their friends. There are several golf courses nearby, their schools are pretty good and close, lots of places to walk the dogs, etc.

They have some neat functions, like 4th of July, and family things like that.

Very nice (and upscale) area, but not I like it more for the reasons above.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:23 PM

661 posts, read 833,425 times
If coming off Eagle from Meridian and you make a right soon after there are some pretty beat up mobile homes/ trailers there not to far from a tract of homes. Otherwise the city is nice.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:52 PM

229 posts, read 707,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post

Haha, I lived in the North End for seven years and can count maybe four times I stopped in the area (two visits to that 80s arcade, one visit to an In-N-Out clone, and one concert at the Eagle River Pavilion). That's still more than Caldwell and likely Nampa though.

It's not my cup of tea at all, and I agree that there's not much there. I think it's boring and lacks culture and amenities. But it's safe, quiet, clean, and pleasing from a nature standpoint. I want my older sister to visit there someday because I think she's perfect for the area. Two of her friends have already targeted the area upon retirement.

Why are you looking at Eagle? Retirement? Relocation? Are you coming from a big or small city?

Old 07-21-2018, 08:30 AM

122 posts, read 225,095 times
My wife and I bought a lot in Eagle in December 2014, built a home and moved in on May 1, 2015. After living in Eagle now for almost three and a half years, we are both still very happy with making Eagle our chosen destination.

Eagle is certainly not for everyone! If you like crime, graffiti, high density housing, homeless people on every corner, asphalt and concrete paving covering nearly every exposed surface, fast food restaurants doting the landscape, polluted rivers with no wild brown or rainbow trout in them, smog, subpar schools, unkempt city parks, rude people, blighted neighborhoods, littered green belts and hiking trails, run down golf courses, mega shopping centers/malls, limited access to local mountains and beautiful State parks, and absolutely no opportunity to view ducks, geese, wild turkeys, beaver, foxes, deer, bobcat, quail, pheasant, mink, or any other wildlife in a natural setting on your morning walk along the Boise River, then Eagle is probably not for you!

If your opinion is to the contrary, then you will most likely be happy here and embrace her good tidings.

Last edited by FIGHTONSC; 07-21-2018 at 08:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area