Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2008, 07:35 AM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,408 times

Advertisements

...that is hell-bent on developing a huge amount of acres in the foothills, and that has endured years and years of scorn from foothills organizations and conservationists?

My eyes can't roll hard enough. I hope this publicity stunt flops and flops hard. Why would anyone support this?

I mean, it sounds like a good idea and a fun time, until you see the agenda behind it: to smooth over Avimor as a destructive outside force with some very questionable tactics in the approval phases, to make them look like caring neighbors. I especially like the "to learn more about Avimor go to [their website]". Must be having a hard time selling their properties.

It's like that Chevron commercial about how they're "part of the solution, instead of part of the problem."

2008 Foothills Heritage Festival at Avimor: Boise, Eagle, Idaho, farmers market, live music, hot air balloons, sheep dog demonstrations, Basque dancing, Smooth Old Fashioned High, barbeque
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 12:24 PM

879 posts, read 2,857,952 times
Good or bad this project seems to have been timed poorly given its distance from EVERYTHING. I'm sure in the craze it would have done well no matter what. Does anyone know if they've sold ANY houses?

Old 04-01-2008, 12:54 PM

306 posts, read 1,247,818 times
I thought the same thing when I saw it.
Being fairly new to the area ... I thought it was the new location for the hot air balloon thing I used to see pictures of before I moved here. Then I saw the "to learn more about Avimor go to [their website]" ... then I felt like it was a thinly veiled effort to get folks into their model homes.

What happened to that balloon festival thing? I was really looking forward to seeing that. I used to see pictures all over the internet when I was first researching Boise. It looked like so much fun and the balloons looked very cool over the river. Was it at Ann Morrison park? What happened? Why don't they have it here anymore? I've been to the balloon festivals in New Mexico and in Scottsdale ... they are always a ton of fun.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:02 PM

879 posts, read 2,857,952 times
The Boise River Festival went bankrupt a few years ago. I believe they still hold a few days of balloon launches...I think this is it...

Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic

Old 04-01-2008, 04:25 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,898,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyTD View Post
I thought the same thing when I saw it.
Being fairly new to the area ... I thought it was the new location for the hot air balloon thing I used to see pictures of before I moved here. Then I saw the "to learn more about Avimor go to [their website]" ... then I felt like it was a thinly veiled effort to get folks into their model homes.

What happened to that balloon festival thing? I was really looking forward to seeing that. I used to see pictures all over the internet when I was first researching Boise. It looked like so much fun and the balloons looked very cool over the river. Was it at Ann Morrison park? What happened? Why don't they have it here anymore? I've been to the balloon festivals in New Mexico and in Scottsdale ... they are always a ton of fun.

There is a balloon festival every June in Ann Morrison Park.
The balloons usually take off early in the morning and are back on the ground by noon.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:02 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,980 times
Is there anything in the at least planning stages that could potentially replace the River Festival? It was great, and I think it went away before I old enough to really enjoy it all. You know, kind of took it for granted.

I've heard of the Hyde Park festival but have never checked it out. How is that?

Old 07-04-2013, 07:27 PM

426 posts, read 526,833 times
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I was really curious about Avimor, since we were considering a home there. Based on some of the comments, it sounds like Boise locals have a low opinion of the subdivision? Or maybe communities developed in the foothills in general? Or is it simply the publicity stunt that upsets people? We are brand new to Boise so if development is frowned upon there, I'm super curious to know about it. Scenery is beautiful (obviously, just like the drive up there) but why haven't they setup things like cell phone coverage in that area after all these years? That's really strange to me. I mean, what happened? Has protesting been so profound that growth was been stumped there or was this caused by the recession? Thanks in advance for any insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area