Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 05:39 PM

661 posts, read 832,116 times

Advertisements

Boise seems like a place this should not happen.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...226328620.html

Swedi Iyombelo and Mulanga Rashidi, both 18, and Elias Lupango, 19, appeared in court via video conference after being booked into Ada County Jail. A 16-year-old boy was arrested Friday morning and is being held in juvenile detention.

Because the 16-year-old is a juvenile, his name has not been released.

Deputies arrested Iyombelo and Rashidi near a fast-food restaurant in Kuna on Thursday morning. They arrested Lupango on Thursday afternoon in east Boise.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:00 PM

8,328 posts, read 2,958,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Boise seems like a place this should not happen.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...226328620.html

Swedi Iyombelo and Mulanga Rashidi, both 18, and Elias Lupango, 19, appeared in court via video conference after being booked into Ada County Jail. A 16-year-old boy was arrested Friday morning and is being held in juvenile detention.

Because the 16-year-old is a juvenile, his name has not been released.

Deputies arrested Iyombelo and Rashidi near a fast-food restaurant in Kuna on Thursday morning. They arrested Lupango on Thursday afternoon in east Boise.
According to the article they are refugees from Tanzania.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:09 PM

146 posts, read 114,234 times
If they're guilty of these crimes back to Tanzania you go. Bye Bye.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:38 PM

8,328 posts, read 2,958,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadChadderson View Post
If they're guilty of these crimes back to Tanzania you go. Bye Bye.
Agreed. After doing prison time.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:54 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,375 times
I'm not being flippant when I ask this question--will any of them actually do any prison time or will it get pled down and probation. I'm in California, the state of lawlessness.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:19 PM

661 posts, read 832,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
I'm not being flippant when I ask this question--will any of them actually do any prison time or will it get pled down and probation. I'm in California, the state of lawlessness.
This is how the last incident like this played out:

The three boys — two from Iraq ages 7 and 10, and one from Sudan aged 14 — pleaded guilty in juvenile court in April to multiple counts of sex crimes in an incident that occurred last June in Twin Falls, ID. The assault occurred at Fawnbrook Apartments, when 5-year-old Jayla, who is developmentally disabled, was lured into a laundry room, stripped of her clothing and sexually assaulted while the oldest boy filmed the entire incident.

Now, following a sentencing hearing Monday at the Snake River Juvenile Detention Center in Twin Falls, Judge Thomas Borresen of Idaho’s 5th Judicial District issued a gag order preventing everyone in the courtroom from saying anything about the sentence received by the boys.

Borresen did allow the family to say they were unhappy with the sentencing, but threatened to jail them for contempt of court if they say why they are unhappy.

Lacy Peterson and her little girl, who was the victim of a sexual assault last June, by boys from Iraq and Sudan, at the Fawnbrook Apartments in Twin Falls.

“We can’t talk about it since it’s a sealed case,” said Lacy Peterson, the girl’s mother.

The lawyer for the family of a 5-year-old who was sexually abused by the three boy said his clients were unhappy with the outcome of the case.

Loebs said Tuesday he couldn’t say anything new about the case or any scheduled proceedings. He declined to even confirm the boys had been sentenced.

“The judge has made it very clear that no comments about that can be made by anybody involved,” Loebs said.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:44 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,375 times
Wow, this makes me think twice about moving to Idaho (which is my plan this year) if the laws are "enforced" just like they are in California. Is there no place law-abiding people can live, and be safe, anymore?

Old 02-18-2019, 09:00 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,796,788 times
Default Only so much patience

Yah, I remember the Twin Falls case. Someone @ some point in Welcome to the US 101 needs to explain to the families very clearly: The US may look soft & transgressive on issues of showing skin. But we're absolute beasts when it comes to defending our children, especially children with developmental issues. If it isn't a condition of asylum (I assume that asylum is why these families are here) - it should be: Conviction of sexual assault is cause for revocation of asylum & deportation to whatever country will have them.

We have enough problems already, without importing additional ones. If they can't observe our laws & behave in an acceptable manner, we can & should wash our hands of their fate.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:22 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,757,719 times
[mod note] We, here in the Idaho forums, the "regulars" among us, have gone through this before, and nothing gets solved and only leads to bad things. The information has been presented, and will most likely not be deleted. Any further discussion needs to go into Current Events or P&OC. This thread is now closed. [/mod queue]

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: