Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 08:13 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,013,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
oh my someone got their undies in a bunch. I have to laugh about the pidgeon holing of what people in Idaho are like. I rather like the more innocent real people attitude however so that's nice. Let's face it, in virtually any metro type area it's going to be dog eats dog and Cali ain't no acception. However regarding drivers I'd say in order of horrid quality having used to travel for a living myself I'd rate Houston by far #1 most horrid drivers. 2nd Northern Utah 3rd, Seattle and 4th Chicago. Probably 5th Phoenix. There's my take on that. Californians are dealing with such a tight packed traffic scenario you simply have to be fast on your reflexes and you're fine.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:29 PM

661 posts, read 833,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
You don't drive a Tesla you burn it.

Just a status symbol car
Well if you have solar panels it nice to not have a gas bill and charge them for free. Not everyone feels safe in a tiny Leaf, the base model is $36,000 a Toyota or any regular car costs that these days.

I drive a ton and the car has saved us $120 a week in fill ups, it starts to add up. I don't know if I could afford to drive anything else.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Well if you have solar panels it nice to not have a gas bill and charge them for free. Not everyone feels safe in a tiny Leaf, the base model is $36,000 a Toyota or any regular car costs that these days.

I drive a ton and the car has saved us $120 a week in fill ups, it starts to add up. I don't know if I could afford to drive anything else.
Electric cars have no range like good old fashion petrol.

Old 06-16-2019, 04:08 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
Yeah indeed if one were say to plan a vacation that would take them a complete trip over about 1000 miles it sure wouldn't make much sense to do the electric thing. It is a ideal scenario however when you have a commute to work that would say be perhaps a 50 mile round trip or so. Then you'd save BIG time.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Yeah indeed if one were say to plan a vacation that would take them a complete trip over about 1000 miles it sure wouldn't make much sense to do the electric thing. It is a ideal scenario however when you have a commute to work that would say be perhaps a 50 mile round trip or so. Then you'd save BIG time.
Yes for consistent close in range commuting that would work.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:59 PM

97 posts, read 120,585 times
Sorry if I have offended any Californians with my humor, but if you move to Boise please acclimate yourself to Idaho norms, and quit being a stereotypical "Californian". You should for instance:

- yield the right of way especially to bikes and pedestrians, don't cut them off at right hand turns or pull so far into the intersection that you block the crosswalk.
- do not run through red lights even if the Californian in front of you is doing it.
- do not text and drive or use your hand held phone for navigation - buy a Garmin instead.
- be prepared for snow and cold weather even if you think it's "Summer" this is not Disneyland.
- don't drive like a selfish idiot, don't drive around other cars on the shoulder of the road, and please let other people merge. Leave your road rage in Orange County.

Steve S.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_S View Post
Sorry if I have offended any Californians with my humor, but if you move to Boise please acclimate yourself to Idaho norms, and quit being a stereotypical "Californian". You should for instance:

- yield the right of way especially to bikes and pedestrians, don't cut them off at right hand turns or pull so far into the intersection that you block the crosswalk.
- do not run through red lights even if the Californian in front of you is doing it.
- do not text and drive or use your hand held phone for navigation - buy a Garmin instead.
- be prepared for snow and cold weather even if you think it's "Summer" this is not Disneyland.
- don't drive like a selfish idiot, don't drive around other cars on the shoulder of the road, and please let other people merge. Leave your road rage in Orange County.

Steve S.
I don't think you can tell and the driver's can't see because they have black tinted windows on both driver and passenger side.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:15 AM

464 posts, read 1,111,504 times
I live in California and we have visited Boise several times. Eagle could be dropped right into an area outside of Sacramento here and I'd never tell the difference. No joke.

We're moving to Caldwell in late August. We couldn't afford Eagle, but we wouldn't have moved there anyway. We thought about it, but the whole point of moving to Idaho was to become Idahoans... not Californians living Idaho. lol

Old 06-18-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown11 View Post
I live in California and we have visited Boise several times. Eagle could be dropped right into an area outside of Sacramento here and I'd never tell the difference. No joke.

We're moving to Caldwell in late August. We couldn't afford Eagle, but we wouldn't have moved there anyway. We thought about it, but the whole point of moving to Idaho was to become Idahoans... not Californians living Idaho. lol
Yes My brother was suppose to move to Eagle with their neighbors from here. Instead they ended up in Boise.
Personally for me it's too crowded down there or so it seems. Once I get down there to see for myself I will be able to really tell. But for now I would stay at least 10 - 20 miles out away from the Boise, Eagle and Nampa areas just because of too many people and traffic.
A lot of people from Commiefornicate are going to Eagle which is one of the most expensive places in Idaho.
I certainly would not want to move from this cesspool into an area where the same kinds of people that I don't want to be nearby. Otherwise just might as well stay put.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown11 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: