Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2019, 08:43 PM

38 posts, read 28,243 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting my sister who lives in a town house near the Ford Idaho Event Center in Nampa. I don't have a canoe but I wouldn't hesitate to rent one. Are there good ponds in the area for canoeing? When I say canoeing, I just mean a still body of water that I can ply in a small craft. It might be a kayak of some sort, and not necessarily a canoe. I just need to find the nice ponds to explore. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 10:27 PM

278 posts, read 906,462 times
Esther Simplot Park in Boise has some ponds to explore as well as rental options at Idaho River Sports.

Lake Lowell outside of Nampa would be a more rustic experience but there are no rental options in that area that I know of. The bigger reservoirs outside of Boise (Lucky Peak and Arrowrock) can also be good but tend to be busy with power boats in the summer. They don't have any rental options either.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:17 PM

Thanks I will look it Simplot park. I think I can borrow a water craft to tooling around on a calm lake. I know what rustic means, but not quite sure what you mean by rustic experience on Lake Lowell. I found it on the map, it looks quite big. Can you tell me why you say it is rustic? thank you.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:48 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times
There are a number of still water ponds in the Boise area. Parkcenter Pond is another option.

https://rootsrated.com/boise-id/flat-water-paddling

https://northend.org/paddling/

Stueby's Outdoor Journal: Easy paddling adventures near Boise

Old 06-07-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
There are a number of still water ponds in the Boise area. Parkcenter Pond is another option.

Nice, thank you sir/mam

Old 06-10-2019, 09:32 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times
I'm confused...don't you already live in the area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDScoop View Post
I will be visiting my sister who lives in a town house near the Ford Idaho Event Center in Nampa. I don't have a canoe but I wouldn't hesitate to rent one. Are there good ponds in the area for canoeing? When I say canoeing, I just mean a still body of water that I can ply in a small craft. It might be a kayak of some sort, and not necessarily a canoe. I just need to find the nice ponds to explore. Thank you.
06-07-2019, 01:55 PM "Why did you move to your current city or town? "
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDScoop View Post
I moved to Boise, Idaho 9 years ago because my sister lived here and she wanted us to be together. She was healthy at the time, but three years after i got here she became ill and passed away from cancer. Now I want to leave again. But I don't have any factor to help me decide on a place to go (e.g. family, job, etc)

Old 06-11-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post

I went to Quinn's Pond today. It was a very nice place, there is a rental business on the lake that rents all types of water crafts. Thank you for recommending it.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd View Post
Esther Simplot Park in Boise has some ponds to explore as well as rental options at Idaho River Sports.

Lake Lowell outside of Nampa would be a more rustic experience but there are no rental options in that area that I know of. The bigger reservoirs outside of Boise (Lucky Peak and Arrowrock) can also be good but tend to be busy with power boats in the summer. They don't have any rental options either.

Drove out to Lake Lowell over the weekend. Didn't go canoeing. But I found I met someone who does rescues in the area. Apparently Lake Lowell is a popular place for dumping cats. She has converted her house into a rescue to help with the situation. Stopped and talked to a guy about where to find views the lake. His directions were suspect. I never found views of the lake. I did meet the aforementioned woman, who was in the area trying help a cat kitten who was dumped and was stuck in a tree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: