Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 12:34 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,779,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbotsville View Post
Multiple contracts with Heliodon. Purchase of Church property without public notice and from a church he attended for over a $ million. Approval many curious building developments and done without due diligence. Other contracts to neighbors. Upfront interest to sellers of the Landing. I was told, and this is heresay, by an attorney, he was "dirty". So if all I say is true where are the charges? A deal made or Covid delay or a completely false FBI investigation? There should be some record after the historic charges and the huge investigation.

I cannot verify everything here but some is supported by public record.
Department of Justice policy does not allow any official comment on whether or not an investigation is ongoing. Cassandra Fulghum, the public information officer for the United States Attorney’s Office in Idaho, confirmed that policy in an email to the Idaho Press.

https://www.idahopress.com/news/crim...3a46ccdfa.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 10:29 PM

97 posts, read 120,412 times
Former Mayor of Eagle, Stan Ridgeway has left a trail of questionable deals in his wake, too many for it to just be "coincidence". Fortunately there is a new mayor in town who sold "The Landing" moved the historic baptist church to an area near Eagle City Hall and is opening a new dog park inside of the Eagle Bike Park. Does anyone know where the old dog park property was (which Ridgeway bought from his church buddies) or what has happened to it? Spending millions of dollars on dog parks and other ill conceived ideas no doubt benefited Stan Ridgeway and his family members. He should move back to Alaska or where ever he is from, he is no longer welcome in Eagle.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:41 AM

215 posts, read 258,481 times
Default Thankful for our new Mayor

The west side dog park property that was purchased for $2.5 million is just off Floating Feather near Meridian Road. The infrastructure bid was another $2+ million. When Mayor Pierce took over, he knew any development money was not in any near term budget and the location was terrible. He has leased the property to a farmer until we all decide what to do with it. At least with the farmer maintaining it the city is not paying for weed control and maintenance. The dog park at the Ada Sport Complex will be open in April and is mostly funded by Pet IQ who is a commercial business here in Eagle. They are sponsoring the built out since the City already owned the property which already had the supporting infrastructure.

Mayor Pierce, after much input, has adopted a five year city capital budget that includes maintenance. We can now see at a glance what is important and what we are planning. And what we can afford.

Ridgeway and the city council loved to spend our money on “feel good” things that gave them big photo ops for The Statesman. We still need to replace two of the leftover council members, Pittman and Gold that voted in unison and in secret with no regard for Eagle citizens.

Old 01-04-2021, 09:51 PM

97 posts, read 120,412 times
As a citizen of Eagle I will make sure I campaign and vote against council members Pittman and Gold, if they are Stan Ridgeway cronies THEY NEED TO GO! Hopefully the $2.5M dog park property will eventually go up in value (like the Eagle Landing Property did) and the city can recoup it's money someday. The dog park at the Eagle Bike Complex/ADA Sports Complex is a much more efficient use of taxpayer dollars and like you said it was funded by PetIQ here in Eagle. Although I don't agree with everything the current mayor of Eagle Jason Pierce does he is much more transparent than Stan Ridgeway ever was. I wonder who is behind ”H2O Eagle Acquisitions LLC” which did some behind the scenes work to ”buy” the Eagle Water Company assets and then re-sell them to Suez. This sale was blocked by the City of Eagle but is going to court in April 2021 to see who has the right to buy Eagle Water Company. Does anyone know anything about ”H2O Eagle Acquisitions LLC”? I could find almost nothing on the internet which makes me very suspicious.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:36 AM

215 posts, read 258,481 times
Eagle Water Company is owned by Robert DeShazo, a longtime resident of Eagle who provided one of the first water systems to a growing small city. He has wanted to sell his company and retire for about 15 years. The company has struggled with many things, keeping up with technology is a big one. They serve about 4,300 homes.

EWC had a deal to sell with the City of Eagle back in 2007 when Nancy Merrill was Mayor. But the residents did not support the purchase so that failed. Then another deal started with Mayor Reynolds and should have been completed when Ridgeway was voted in. But it appears from Mr. DeShazo’s comments, Rideway was not interested. Mr. DeShazo used a water broker to help with the deal. Norm Bangle from H20 and a Maurice Gallarda from Pleuris were involved at various times in brokering the deals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area