Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 03:04 PM
A32 A32 started this thread

6 posts, read 66,081 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Nampa soon and I am quite worried about the GangLand atmosphere there. I watch the news headlines for the area and I am constantly seeing the word "Shooting"..

What, if anything, is there to protect us from Gang-like activity in Nampa? I know that in certain parts of California it is illegal to walk down the street in groups of 3 or more, etc.. Are there any such ordinances there in Nampa? How successful are neighborhood watch programs there? Are "suspected gang member" calls taken seriously? Are the Nampa police sufficiently staffed? Do people in Nampa take an active role in crime prevention or do they close their eyes and say "It's none of my business"? The shootings are getting worse in Nampa than they are where I live now!

I also noticed in the news that they never report a suspects race even though they have eye witnesses. Why is this? You would think that if the police are looking for a suspect, the news would report more than their height and the clothing they were wearing.

I really hope my experience is a peaceful one and I plan on doing my part when needed concerning the reporting of crime and suspicious activity and lending a helping hand when need be. I just hope everybody else does.

Idahoans: What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2006, 08:02 PM

171 posts, read 1,052,280 times
Sorry, no gang experience here in Boise. Here in the foothills the largest grouping we see is of deer. I wish you the best.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:20 PM

77 posts, read 271,925 times
Once you get to Nampa, you'll wonder "Why was I so paranoid?"

Old 01-08-2007, 03:24 PM

121 posts, read 737,972 times
I used to live there and still visit occasionally. The gang problem is only bad if you are a young male of latino herritage and choose to make it a problem. The police have stepped up their efforts somewhat. The crime rate has definitely increased over the past few years but it's nothing like California. It's still a fairly small town. For most citizens it's not any worse that most other cities of similar size.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:20 PM
A32 A32 started this thread

6 posts, read 66,081 times
UPDATE!

I'll be honest. I have been here for a couple weeks now and I don't think it's too bad. Yeah, 2 weeks isn't much but let me tell you something: When you come from a place where gangsters stand on the corner selling drugs & throwing up signs, walking into convenient stores holding a lit joint in their hand like they just "don't givez a F@*#", this place is a walk in the park :-)

You say "welcome to hell", I say "I just came from hell, and this ain't it". It's too cold to be hell anyways :-) Thanks for the feedback people!!

Old 01-18-2007, 06:50 PM

21 posts, read 55,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A32 View Post
UPDATE!

I'll be honest. I have been here for a couple weeks now and I don't think it's too bad. Yeah, 2 weeks isn't much but let me tell you something: When you come from a place where gangsters stand on the corner selling drugs & throwing up signs, walking into convenient stores holding a lit joint in their hand like they just "don't givez a F@*#", this place is a walk in the park :-)

You say "welcome to hell", I say "I just came from hell, and this ain't it". It's too cold to be hell anyways :-) Thanks for the feedback people!!
I agree 110%. I grew up in Van Nuys Ca., night and day. Hopefully the powers that be will NOT let that happen here though......if you catch my drift.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 17,760 times
Default Don't hink gangs are a problem in Idaho... especially Canyon County?

Guess Again...

Go to this link and watch this vid...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AF__WPjaA1U

Old 02-04-2007, 12:03 AM

121 posts, read 737,972 times
The Nampa-Caldwell area is rather small and the locals are involved in protecting their communities. I don't think the average Idaho city is going to let things get as far out of hand as California. And most of us natives are far better armed and far better shots than any scumbag gansta punk. Californians aren't allowed to protect themselves and most wouldn't know how to even if they were. Idahoans don't have that problem.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:19 PM

473 posts, read 2,754,747 times
no offense but most of those guys, and that girl, would get eaten alive on l.a./valley streets. I'm sure for the area its a big problem, but hopefully the populace can help police their own streets, and keep these gangs out. They rule by fear, and if you're not scared of them, you have some leverage.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:35 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,618 times
Default Gangs in Nampa

On the news last night; Law enforcement states they have Identified almost 500! known gang members. not L.A. but its trying hard to catch up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area