Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 08:52 PM

289 posts, read 305,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
That my friend is a trait the far right and conservatives embrace. It happens on both sides because our nation is so divided and there's division within our state.
So which is it? A trait of the far right or both the far right and left? To be fair, he/she was describing a particular neighborhood, not an entire political belief system. Yes, the North End isn't too inclusive of political ideology outside of their own. I've done plenty of business there - A LOT of Bay Area transplants. It's not in your face aggressive but you pick up on the vibe. Very off-putting personalities. Uber-white virtue signaling in homes pushed to $500 sq ft in Southern Freakin Idaho but that darn homelessness and greedy capitalism is an evil far right problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 08:18 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,584,604 times
I’ve been looking at Boise as a second home / emergency backup home option, but you’re braver than me. I would only consider far out areas around Boise, 45 minutes minimum, don’t want a city, don’t want anything to do with a city there, 5 acres or more, preferable it has no city services whatsoever and I can install my own water, power, and septic. That gives the state much less control over your property. I already live in a densely populated city that I do love quite a lot, but I wouldn’t be looking to duplicate that in Boise, I’d be looking to go the opposite direction and buy in a state I know will remain red.

I know the left loves to talk about their “college educated” crowd, but in point of fact if you actually live in the rich area and not just “the totally illogical and not well paid college kids” area, you’re living in a red area anywhere. I grew up in Portland and my family knew everyone in the city of any means or any repute and the vast majority were and still are republicans. And that’s in far left Portland, we really didn’t know many democrats. That was the domain of the upper middle class, not the wealthy. Same is true where I live now, I’ve been in Henderson for a year and a half and I’ve still never met anyone who is openly liberal, they’re all conservative. I always assume it must be the poor uneducated Strip employees who are voting blue because it’s not any of the tradesmen I deal with for home improvements, it isn’t my neighbors, it isn’t anyone else I know.

The typical “college educated liberal” is a hilarious myth, these are people with pointless degrees who have mediocre incomes, nobody cares about their degree in Feminist Studies, they couldn’t buy an ounce of common sense if they had $10 million. They may be educated but they sure aren’t smart - that’s what keeps them voting for failed policies again and again.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:45 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,647,151 times
Quote:
That my friend is a trait the far right and conservatives embrace. It happens on both sides because our nation is so divided and there's division within our state.
That's what I meant with I said wierdos up north.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Which weirdos up north?
The bunker types above the 45th. They seem to attract the WP types.

And DiceyHot got it exactly right. North End liberal is different.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:19 PM

5,557 posts, read 4,899,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
That's what I meant with I said wierdos up north.

The bunker types above the 45th. They seem to attract the WP types.

And DiceyHot got it exactly right. North End liberal is different.
That's what I thought. The ones that were in the woods training for the government to fall so that they could move in afterwards.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:35 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,343,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceyhot View Post
So which is it? A trait of the far right or both the far right and left? To be fair, he/she was describing a particular neighborhood, not an entire political belief system. Yes, the North End isn't too inclusive of political ideology outside of their own. I've done plenty of business there - A LOT of Bay Area transplants. It's not in your face aggressive but you pick up on the vibe. Very off-putting personalities. Uber-white virtue signaling in homes pushed to $500 sq ft in Southern Freakin Idaho but that darn homelessness and greedy capitalism is an evil far right problem.
There are also a lot of native Idahoans I personally know who live in the Northend. It's a great neighborhood to live in and it is obvious Northenders are proud of their city.

Last edited by TohobitPeak; 02-15-2021 at 05:54 PM..

Old 02-15-2021, 10:47 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,647,151 times
Quote:
There are also a lot of native Idahoans I personally know who live in the Northend. It's a great neighborhood to live in and it is obvious Northenders are proud of their city.
The same could be said for northern Idaho. Not everyone up there is armed to the tooth and has a bunker.
It's a beautiful neighborhood and has some lovely homes. I would not want to live there, though. But to each his own.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:56 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,343,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
The same could be said for northern Idaho. Not everyone up there is armed to the tooth and has a bunker.
It's a beautiful neighborhood and has some lovely homes. I would not want to live there, though. But to each his own.
True, and I assume that the North Idahoans who live that lifestyle are not natives but rather paranoid Californians who like to dress up and play toy soldiers.

I should have mentioned the native Idahoans I know in the Northend are liberal as well. A big misconception that the Californians, especially the ones who post at CD , cling too is that all natives of Idaho have to be conservative.

#clueless

Old 05-08-2021, 08:27 PM

7 posts, read 10,635 times
To circle back,

We considered a few different areas as well, including Bozeman MT and SLC, UT.

First, the SLC real estate market is insane. Old conservatives from SoCal are fleeing to UT and offering $100k over list for ANYTHING! Regardless of the condition, quite nuts.

Bozemon was nice, but very expensive. A comparable house in Boise is 250k less, which made it much easier. Also, once you get to the less expensive areas in Bozeman MT, it's very remote. And the winters can be long, in fact the average temp in Boise is usually 40 degrees warmer on some days.

So after doing some traveling, we just opened escrow on a property in West Bench. Was generally drama-free, we gave the sellers a rentback though.

Old 05-09-2021, 12:13 AM

5,557 posts, read 4,899,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by courreed View Post
To circle back,

We considered a few different areas as well, including Bozeman MT and SLC, UT.

First, the SLC real estate market is insane. Old conservatives from SoCal are fleeing to UT and offering $100k over list for ANYTHING! Regardless of the condition, quite nuts.

Bozemon was nice, but very expensive. A comparable house in Boise is 250k less, which made it much easier. Also, once you get to the less expensive areas in Bozeman MT, it's very remote. And the winters can be long, in fact the average temp in Boise is usually 40 degrees warmer on some days.

So after doing some traveling, we just opened escrow on a property in West Bench. Was generally drama-free, we gave the sellers a rentback though.
Montana would be nice as you get those little towns with small populations. But cost of living in State of Montana is higher than the State of Idaho and alot more snow.
Boise is the current hot market / bait attraction now.

Old 05-11-2021, 02:59 PM

133 posts, read 105,906 times
I wonder why any liberals are in Boise at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area