Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 03:43 PM

133 posts, read 107,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise Indian View Post
SW Idaho-- Boise, Eagle, Meridian is just paradise!!

We dont have wildfires (yeah in the Natl forests we do) but homes have not been threatened,
We dont get flooded
We dont have hurricanes
We dont have tornado risk
No freezing over like TX
No April May three feet of snow catastrophes
We dont have a flood of illegals/homeless (anywhere near Meridian) no tent cities, no drug needles
Streets are clean, storefronts dont have graffiti
Humidity is not 80% 8 months of the year
No alligators, cockroaches, snakes, scorpions in the garage
We have clear blue skies 330 days of the year

PEOPLE are AMAZING!!

I feel absolutely lucky to be living here.
THANK YOU to everyone that made us feel welcome, and continue to make us feel welcome every day!!
Great, now all the Californians will want to come to Boise.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:43 PM

560 posts, read 436,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltCueOur View Post
Nah, they are all too busy going to EVERY BEAUTIFUL STATE out west (sans WY) not just Idaho or Boise specifically. I just hope they don't bring that CA baggage with them...

Old 03-15-2021, 03:33 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,013,044 times
Definitely going to Boise to visit and see it but not to change it but to get away from commiefornicates.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:07 AM

40 posts, read 38,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltCueOur View Post
Great more people to bid on our house in a month

Old 03-16-2021, 06:28 PM

Build it and they will come.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:06 AM

42 posts, read 79,958 times
Thinks to self as Idaho native... "Please please don't let them mess up the state before I return to retire..."

Idaho is great because of low population density and being a bit on the conservative side. If you swing those factors too much you'll just end up with another California. I hope that mess can remain isolated to the Ketchum/Sun valley area.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:56 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boicpl View Post
Great more people to bid on our house in a month

There you go, Californians. The people who are selling their house and leaving the state are happy to see you and your checkbook coming to Idaho.

So at least someone is happy to have you moving in.

Old 03-19-2021, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls931 View Post
Thinks to self as Idaho native... "Please please don't let them mess up the state before I return to retire..."

Idaho is great because of low population density and being a bit on the conservative side. If you swing those factors too much you'll just end up with another California. I hope that mess can remain isolated to the Ketchum/Sun valley area.
Lowest density in population is Alaska then Wyoming.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 729 times
I'm a bubba at heart even though I live in NYC, It very hard to be a sportsman in NY.
I am more of a winter person than summer. I have lived in Omaha (at Gov't expense for 3 1/2 years USAF).

I missed the boat. At 50-ish I had planned to retire at 55, then obamacare shelved that idea.
Move to :

Las Vegas only because of relatives,
NC or SC (myrtle beach) only because of relatives,

Started looking around (online) and had planned to make a trip the Oregon washington and idaho.
I did visited the Seattle area and Eugene on vacation. I was going to visit Boise in 2013.
I should have done it. Read a few stories about the former mayor and the new mayor and
about the anti-calif. feeling, anti NY probably fits the mold as well.

Eveyone is looking for better (cheaper). In my case I'm looking for red instead of blue.

Old 03-22-2021, 02:08 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,899,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richj View Post
I'm a bubba at heart even though I live in NYC, It very hard to be a sportsman in NY.
I am more of a winter person than summer. I have lived in Omaha (at Gov't expense for 3 1/2 years USAF).

I missed the boat. At 50-ish I had planned to retire at 55, then obamacare shelved that idea.
Move to :

Las Vegas only because of relatives,
NC or SC (myrtle beach) only because of relatives,

Started looking around (online) and had planned to make a trip the Oregon washington and idaho.
I did visited the Seattle area and Eugene on vacation. I was going to visit Boise in 2013.
I should have done it. Read a few stories about the former mayor and the new mayor and
about the anti-calif. feeling, anti NY probably fits the mold as well.

Eveyone is looking for better (cheaper). In my case I'm looking for red instead of blue.
The Boise area has so many California transplants, (as well as many from Washington and Oregon and elsewhere) that it's a given that the ex Californians are most of the people propagating the anti CA attitude. On the other hand, I have never witnessed any of this anti stuff and friends who are from CA have not either. The local press and Facebook do a good job at making it seem worse than it probably is.

People from all over the nation and even international countries are moving to Idaho so I wouldn't worry about being from NY. The Boise airport has new direct flights in the works to NYC, and many people here are excited about that.

If you're looking for red and not blue, you might not want to live in Boise itself as it is a blue city. Ada County itself is less Republican than it was 4 years ago. Rural areas near Boise or other areas of Idaho might fit your political needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area