Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 06:40 PM

629 posts, read 619,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureNorthender View Post
BanjoMike, great post as always! I’m not able to give you any more reputation points, but you don’t need them. I think a living wage for all benefits everybody, even employers, who will be able to attract loyal, competent employees.

That should be up to both the employer and the competency of said employees. Good employees deserve and get raises, or they go somewhere else. If an employee works to earn a certain wage, then he/she gets it. If they are stuck at the same crappy wage for decades, then it’s rarely the fault of the employer, so why should they be forced to pay higher than that by an external force (the government). Sorry, but the truth is harsh sometimes.

Loyal and competent employees should already be paid above the minimum wage, if they are truly loyal and competent.

[mod cut]

Last edited by volosong; 01-19-2021 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: No profanity, implied or expressed

Old 01-19-2021, 06:55 PM

629 posts, read 619,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

However, I've got to say, I don't think I've even known anyone who is working for minimum wage. Maybe I worked for minimum wage when I used to babysit but I don't think even babysitters are working for minimum wage any more. So it seems a lot of argument about nothing that applies to the real world.

Exactly. It’s minimum wage because it’s a starting point to build from, intended for the unskilled and high schoolers (or college students, as that was the last time I worked for it). Not to be complacent about. But why work hard when the voters can give you a raise...?

Anyone worth a damn, who works hard and is a good employee, gets a raise from min within 3-6 months after hiring. If you still haven’t gotten a raise after a year then the problem is you and no one else.

Oh, and one last thing, minimum wage is NOT A CAREER. If you’re happy with that, then good for you. But in that scenario you probably haven’t earned a raise.

[mod cut]

Last edited by volosong; 01-19-2021 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language

Old 01-19-2021, 06:56 PM

133 posts, read 107,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceyhot View Post
Large minimum wage hikes are a small business and jobs killer. Covid lockdowns were/are are small business and jobs killer. Seems to be a pattern. Exciting times ahead.
Exactly. I hope Boise bucks the trend.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:56 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
[mod note] Discussion has veered way off topic and most current participants are "drop-ins" from other parts of the country who do not regularly participate in the Idaho fora. Thread is now closed. [/mod note]

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: