Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 AM

3 posts, read 16,691 times

Advertisements

Can anyone help me get an idea of how much I should expect to make as a CPA with three years public accounting experience in Boise? What can I expect between public and private? Any favored firms/companies to work for over others? TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 09:41 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,210,566 times
For salary information go to the thread above "Info on Boise-Metro Area/A One stop shop..., scroll down to where it has JOBS in bold; click on the last link(idaho.gov) and scroll down to page 77. That takes you to the Boise-Metro Area. From there, you should be able to scroll around and find the salary range for your profession. Can't help you with your other questions, but maybe someone else will be able to.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the reference,

Besides looking at general numbers are there any here with first hand knowledge of such things?

Old 05-18-2008, 11:21 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,713 times
Are you looking to go private or public? With three years of experience I would expect about 40-75K....It's hard to give an exact number because so much depends on what you did in those years, how well you interview, what size firm/corp you get on board with, and luck and timing. I'm also not sure what the demand is right now with busy season coming to a close and so many of the local employers slashing jobs.

Yes, I'm in the field and recently moved to Boise so I'm speaking from firsthand knowledge.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:42 PM

I'm open to either public or private. I've been involved with both audit and tax at a smaller firm. I'm hoping for between $55-$60 public and $60k-$75 private. Does this sound accurate?

Old 05-19-2008, 06:34 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,713 times
I would say that's accurate. Hopefully someone else on here can better attest to the current job market than I can. I know KPMG is in town and I think there is one other Big Four too. Also, Eide Baily (sp?) and Little Morris are two of the larger regionals in the area. I'm not sure if you're interested in gov't but there are a fair amount of those jobs as Boise has state and county jobs.

Good luck

Old 12-08-2014, 12:00 PM

12 posts, read 19,345 times
Hey @navajojoe -

May I ask how your search ended up? I am in a similar boat, relocating to Boise as a CPA with almost 2 years of experience and a master's degree. I currently make 70k in Denver, and would like to know how much of a decline to expect.

Thank you!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:05 AM

719 posts, read 1,566,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb777 View Post
Hey @navajojoe -

May I ask how your search ended up? I am in a similar boat, relocating to Boise as a CPA with almost 2 years of experience and a master's degree. I currently make 70k in Denver, and would like to know how much of a decline to expect.

Thank you!
The two years of experience will probably be what forces you to take a hit. My wife is a CPA as are many of our friends, and starting out they didn't really make a lot. But on the plus side, it grew very rapidly. I don't know if you have big firm experience or not, but that seems to be a pretty big deal to employers in this area and it's an ideal place to start out. Deloitte and KPMG are the two international firms in town, and then Eide Bailley is a super regional. The other big advantage of going into public is it helps you make connections with future employers.

I can't really give you a number, but I suspect you will take an initial hit on your salary. With the right positions it won't take you long to meet and exceed that amount, though. Accounting is a really good field to be in in Boise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area