Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 05:38 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,343,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
Thank you for your interest, however Idaho is full. May I suggest Colorado? It's a lovely place and at least half the populace are Californians like yourself anyways. You'd fit right in!
Half of Idaho's population are Californians and other west coasters, so the OP will fit in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 04:55 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,716,967 times
That might well be about the most hilarious comment I've read to date. Sheesh half.......in their dreams. We've had plenty from Cali coming in. But I'm happy to say in my area at least, they are refugees from the Blue attitudes so welcome indeed. Boise can have those that may not be intending to meld into the Idaho way of things.

Old 10-10-2021, 05:23 PM

10,134 posts, read 6,558,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LE2021 View Post
Those are the exact reasons that are making me consider it, it sounds like a great lifestyle

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely check out Ft Collins too. My goal along with a better town to live in is to be close enough to a major job market to be able to get a stable job. Is that possible in Ft Collins or would I be better suited to move to the Denver/surrounding areas if I decided on CO?
Before you pack, you need to secure solid employment. Period.
Just don't ever plan on being accepted as a "local." Regardless of how many years you live there. I found this when I was in Saint Maries, back in the early 1980's. (Shoulda kept the land tho...)

Old 10-10-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
That might well be about the most hilarious comment I've read to date. Sheesh half.......in their dreams. We've had plenty from Cali coming in. But I'm happy to say in my area at least, they are refugees from the Blue attitudes so welcome indeed. Boise can have those that may not be intending to meld into the Idaho way of things.
Explain the "Idaho way of things" and how much you know as you're a transplant right?

Old 10-11-2021, 10:15 AM

32,481 posts, read 47,415,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
Explain the "Idaho way of things" ......

Believe in personal responsibility

Keep guns or at a minimum don't freak out if your neighbor keeps guns

support the local police

no desire to live in a nanny state

accepting that other people might take their own responsibility for their own life differently than you take yours and not feeling that you must force others to do it your way.

Old 10-11-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Believe in personal responsibility

Keep guns or at a minimum don't freak out if your neighbor keeps guns

support the local police

no desire to live in a nanny state

accepting that other people might take their own responsibility for their own life differently than you take yours and not feeling that you must force others to do it your way.
I'm a native of this state and you've made a few good points. Guns are all over the nation, so that doesn't make the state unique.

But, Idaho is a nanny state. There are too many extreme far right types in our Government who diminish our personal freedoms via their corruption. These poisonous people are most likely voted into office by transplants who moved here with selfish baggage.

The OP may be interested to know that Boise politically beats against most of Idaho's embarrassing politics...and no thanks to Evangelical transplants who have ruined North Idaho.

Last edited by TohobitPeak; 10-11-2021 at 11:19 AM..

Old 10-11-2021, 03:59 PM

10,134 posts, read 6,558,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
I'm a native of this state and you've made a few good points. Guns are all over the nation, so that doesn't make the state unique.

But, Idaho is a nanny state. There are too many extreme far right types in our Government who diminish our personal freedoms via their corruption. These poisonous people are most likely voted into office by transplants who moved here with selfish baggage.

The OP may be interested to know that Boise politically beats against most of Idaho's embarrassing politics...and no thanks to Evangelical transplants who have ruined North Idaho.
Replace the word "LEFT" for what I bolded above. That's California.

Everything else is the same....

Old 10-11-2021, 08:17 PM

29,169 posts, read 22,142,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Replace the word "LEFT" for what I bolded above. That's California.

Everything else is the same....
Meh.
California always is changing. The folks who leave are just making space for others to move in.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:03 PM

144 posts, read 157,477 times
OP . Move where you decide you want to live. I understand hating Californians is en vogue with a certain demographic but do not seek their approval. That type will always find something to dislike about you. It’s the USA . Go wherever you desire to be and thrive

Old 10-18-2021, 08:12 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,584,604 times
Some of the people must be crazy lol. Too brown?! I’ve heard this a lot. This place isn’t brown at all, it’s almost too green for me. I left Portland because I hate green, it’s not a color I enjoy sorry, Boise is certainly better than that but I’m visiting from Vegas, just the right amount of green. I look out my balcony and there’s green trees everywhere but then beautiful desert mountains and no ugly grass everywhere. Calling Boise brown is a joke, this place is PLENTY green enough. I’d argue a little too much for me but I hate seasons, I like where I’m living to look exactly the same every day of the year - sunny and like summer. Watching trees turn and leaves fall is downright depressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area