Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 09:38 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,896,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
And the fish are edible good to eat? Safe to eat?
Of course they are. It's a mountain river, it's clean and is also stocked with fish below Lucky Peak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 02:18 PM

818 posts, read 1,067,351 times
Quote:
And the fish are edible good to eat? Safe to eat?
I would much rather eat the fish from the river in downtown Boise than from the grocery store. This way, I know they are absolutely fresh and I trust the water they come from.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:31 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,007,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
I would much rather eat the fish from the river in downtown Boise than from the grocery store. This way, I know they are absolutely fresh and I trust the water they come from.
That's very good then coming from Boise. It tells me then the waters there aren't polluted. Some areas perhaps not in Idaho there are limits (Dept. of Fish & Game) on how many fish one can eat per month depending on the species and how polluted the area is / or if in agriculture area. Also different for pregnant women.

I used to catch fresh Salmon from the Pacific Ocean off a fishing boat. Take it home clean it and cook it right after catching it. The Salmon was so rich. But in comparison eating the store bought Salmon tasted spoiled. Actually no comparison. You wouldn't want to eat any store bought Salmon again after catching it fresh and cooking it right then.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:54 PM

133 posts, read 107,245 times
Is the drought over?

Old 06-17-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltCueOur View Post
Is the drought over?
I don't think so. However, thanks to the last few months, we have finally come back to or normal precipitation levels for the year, but we need above average to recharge our reservoirs and water tables. I don't recall ever seeing the mountains near Boise so green. Here is a chart that shows current precipitation levels around the state: https://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/ftpref...mal_update.pdf

Old 06-17-2022, 11:21 PM

29,214 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltCueOur View Post
Is the drought over?
All the recent rainfall has lifted the drought for this summer, and with a little luck a good snowpack next winter could put some recharge back into our aquifers.

But all the aquifers are low, and need more than one year's water to fill them back up to reliable levels. That's going to take several years of good snowpack in a row.

But at the moment, the situation looks a lot better than it did a month ago. We no longer have a critical water shortage anywhere in the state.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:14 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,896,892 times
Quote:
That's very good then coming from Boise. It tells me then the waters there aren't polluted. Some areas perhaps not in Idaho there are limits (Dept. of Fish & Game) on how many fish one can eat per month depending on the species and how polluted the area is / or if in agriculture area. Also different for pregnant women.

I used to catch fresh Salmon from the Pacific Ocean off a fishing boat. Take it home clean it and cook it right after catching it. The Salmon was so rich. But in comparison eating the store bought Salmon tasted spoiled. Actually no comparison. You wouldn't want to eat any store bought Salmon again after catching it fresh and cooking it right then.
The Boise River through the city/valley is one of the cleanest and most prized urban trout rivers in the nation.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:29 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,535 times
All the homeowners that bought homes in places like Kuna because of lower housing prices, but must drive to Boise for work, just wiped out their savings, with the high price of gas.

Old 07-02-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
All the homeowners that bought homes in places like Kuna because of lower housing prices, but must drive to Boise for work, just wiped out their savings, with the high price of gas.
Buyers definitely need to consider commuting costs when buying in outlying areas. However, even if you worked in Downtown Boise (say St. Luke's Hospital) it is about 20 miles so you would burn about a gallon gas each way 5 times a week you would burn about $200 in gas. That is equivalent to financing about $35,000 on a 30 year mortgage at 5.5%. I sold my youngest son a home in Caldwell and it takes him about the same amount of time to commute to Blue Cross of Idaho than it did from Kuna and yet the houses were much less expensive in Caldwell. Just food for thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area