U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 05:04 PM

121 posts, read 237,073 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Boise for a year now. One thing that I haven't run into in the treasure valley is a churrascaria restaurant that serves rodizio style barbeque (places like Texas de Brazil and Fogo de Chao). There are half a dozen of these places in Salt Lake City. Is there one in the entire state of Idaho?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 05:13 PM

879 posts, read 2,538,202 times
Well, I never met a Brazilian in Idaho. That may be part of the problem.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:26 PM

2,803 posts, read 5,345,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palangga View Post
I've lived in Boise for a year now. One thing that I haven't run into in the treasure valley is a churrascaria restaurant that serves rodizio style barbeque (places like Texas de Brazil and Fogo de Chao). There are half a dozen of these places in Salt Lake City. Is there one in the entire state of Idaho?
There was a restaurant at one time downtown named Rodizio Grill but it closed--was replaced with a fine Indian restaurant with excellent curry-- and the chef opened another restaurant theme in West Boise.

There is a newer,upscale, restaurant named Barbacoa which has opened on Parkcenter Pond and offers some of what you might find at a Rodizio--meat on a skewer. The menu is diverse and the food to die for, but it is not a Brazilian restaurant. The foody scene in the valley is really diversifying, but we don't have the Brazilian influence yet...

Barbacoa - Stimulate Your Senses, Elevate Your Mind - Dining Restaurant in Boise, Idaho

I googled Brazil/Boise and this is what came up
http://www.jiujitsufighting.com/idaho.html

Old 02-05-2009, 10:35 AM

121 posts, read 237,073 times
At last my prayers have been answered! Tucanos has opened on Overland near the movieplex. I went online to register for discounts and plan on going for my birthday in March. Has anyone tried it yet?

Old 02-06-2009, 12:02 PM

1,378 posts, read 5,689,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palangga View Post
At last my prayers have been answered! Tucanos has opened on Overland near the movieplex. I went online to register for discounts and plan on going for my birthday in March. Has anyone tried it yet?
I saw that!! I was interested in trying too, but haven't had a chance yet.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:52 PM

150 posts, read 518,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
There was a restaurant at one time downtown named Rodizio Grill but it closed--was replaced with a fine Indian restaurant with excellent curry-- and the chef opened another restaurant theme in West Boise.

There is a newer,upscale, restaurant named Barbacoa which has opened on Parkcenter Pond and offers some of what you might find at a Rodizio--meat on a skewer. The menu is diverse and the food to die for, but it is not a Brazilian restaurant. The foody scene in the valley is really diversifying, but we don't have the Brazilian influence yet...

Barbacoa - Stimulate Your Senses, Elevate Your Mind - Dining Restaurant in Boise, Idaho

I googled Brazil/Boise and this is what came up
Idaho Brazilian Jiu Jitsu MMA Training Schools Boise - Jiujitsu Fighting

What Indian resturant called?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or